Netjets vs. MidAtlantic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dashcaptain

I have an interview with Netjets soon and should be in a class at MidAtlantic sometime next month. I am just looking for outside opinions for what to do. I have been leaning toward MidAtlantic, but was hoping to hear from some Netjets pilots to hear what they might think.

Thanks in advance

Dashcaptain said:
I have an interview with Netjets soon and should be in a class at MidAtlantic sometime next month. I am just looking for outside opinions for what to do. I have been leaning toward MidAtlantic, but was hoping to hear from some Netjets pilots to hear what they might think.

Thanks in advance
Captain or F/O at Mid-Atlantic ?

NetJets

Dash.....I've been with Netjets now for a little over 5 years. Prior to that I was with a commuter in New England for 7 years. NetJets is not that bad of a place to work. I personally enjoy it but the lifestyle and on-demand work conditions are not for everyone. The pay is outright terrible but I'm sure you are aware that we are into our almost 3rd year on contract negotiations. The contract looks like its going to be rapped up soon...I have my fingers crossed. Because the fractionals have been explosive in the past 5 years NetJets has certainly experienced it fair share of growing pains. There are days when I ask myself ...."what the heck am I doing here?" Then I speak to my buddies with various major and regional airlines and thank my lucky stars I'm here. Things could be better and I'm personally confident that they will get alot better here. I don't know how much you know about the company but if you'de be willing to lay your questions out I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Hmm...

Hmmm...Working for a startup airline using RJs that is a subsidiary of an ailing major carrier headed for bankrupcty again (the second time in as many years), or a major fractional provider that is doing OK financially and has the financial backing of Warren Buffett? Tough choice there...

AeroBoy said:
...and has the financial backing of Warren Buffett?
lol, that and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee :rolleyes:

Actually Wingnutt its buying us a whole lot more than a cup of coffee.....Warrne Buffet does nothing short term. There is an actual feeling of long term employment here at NetJets, something that many of the boys flying heavy metal don't have right now. We're adding a plane every 2 weeks to the fleet, plan on hiring up to 200 pilots this year and considerably more than that for next year. With a market share of nearly 75%, I'd say that NetJets, under the partial guidance of Mr Buffett, is not an entity to be shrugged off. Just ask the major airlines where some of their business and high end travelers have gone. All the majors are trying to do what we do....I guess imitation is the ulimate form of flattery........

You may be a captain sooner than you think with the majority of APL pilots passing. APL'ers make $58/hr as captain. That's a pay cut for many of us working other jobs. Probably the only reason a lot of APL pilots go to MAA is the E-170 type for a better shot at Jetblue.
Dashcaptain said:
It will be an FO position for a while. I have no idea how long either.

If this helps..
I've been with the comapny now over 5 years. I interviewed with the major airlines and was treated like a liar, cheat and just an overall piece of dirt. I even had a Job offer from one.. Then I interviewed with NetJets while I was waiting for a class date, guess what? They threated me with respect and never question my integrity, I got a job offer and took it.. I never looked back!
Has it been all roses? NO! Do they work you hard? Yes! Everyday? No!
Do I love my job? Yes! Could somethings change? Yes!

But one thing won't change, the company will always be in business. So I know that I will always have a job. The Company will always support me and my family when an emergency occurs and I'm on the road. This company has flown guys home in company airplanes when needed and has even flown pilots wives to them when they get sick on the road.. I'm talking about sending one of our jets to the ladies airport and transporting her to her husband because the guy is in the hospital. That's the kind of company NetJets is.

It will only get better.

With the new contract there will be major changes and it will benefit all parties involved.. If you have a chance to get on with NetJets you better jump on it. If you are just looking to build time for a seat with a major airline, you won't like it here.. Why? Because the flying is only 5% of the job...
Besides, the airline paradigm is shifting quickly away from the hub and spoke model into direct flights by low cost providers and when the majors start folding there will be plenty of high time boeing boys and girls looking for work-you can take that to the bank.

Best of luck in your decision

Latest resources

Back