• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets vs. MidAtlantic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Davis.....Thanks for the well wishes on the contracr. We're all hanging in there.

However, I need to correct you on some of your other comments.
1) the 7&7 schedule is seniority based, right now. It looks like that is going to change with the new contract. We don't have reserve lines and the way things are going...you'll be flying the line.

2) NJA policy is that F/O cannot fly pax until they have 250 hours in the aircraft. No big deal considering that nearly every second or third leg is empty. Some Captains still feel the need to fly all pax legs but it my policy, and that of most the Captains I know, to let F/O's fly pax legs.

3) As far as serving food....not really. You have to get the catering on board the aircraft but as far as spoon feeding the owners...."ain't gonna do it". Now, if they ask for a soda or cup of coffee.....hey, no big deal.....but maybe for some people it is.

4) Yes, we do clean the aircraft or I think it more accurate to say....more often than not we get the fbo people to vaccuum out the plane. Part of this type of business is self-sufficiency. We go to alot of out-of-the-way airports, that's why our business is growing the way it is, occationally you have to clean things up. We're only talking about a 7 to 10 pax plane here. Don't forget that the airlines have lost their ability to provide service...that's one of the many reasons people are flocking to the fractionals.

5) and finally, I ceretainly don't miss commuting to work. I get myself to my Gateway and the company provides the means of transportation, positive space!!!!! No more having to jumpseat, worry wx delays or oversold flights.

This job isn't for everyone. They hire pilots with personalities here...not attitudes. We have had guys come here thinking that they have already "paid their dues" and aren't going to tidy up a plane of greet the folks in a friendly manner.....those guys don't usually last too long....and for good reason, they don't belong here.

DO-82 driver said:
We don't have reserve lines and the way things are going...you'll be flying the line.
As long as we're picking nits :).... ALL we have at Nutjets is Reserve. Actually, the way our current "bullpen" works it's worse than 121 reserve. You don't know when you're in rest and when you aren't. Sure, that'll change under 91k or 135.... but 121 has had that for 4 years.

The BEST schedule you'll get at Netjets is 15 days off a month, with 15 days of "on call". If you don't mind not knowing what your schedule is, then it ain't so bad.

Well, if you read Davis's post, you will see he was only at NJA for four months before returning to the world of 121. I'm sorry he had to put up wilh all the bs in training then only find that it wasn't his cup of tea. NJA is not like 121. This has been said again and again. Many guys will not want to adapt. Many senior NJA guys never saw the inside of of a 121 cockpit. Many flew their first jets at NJA. We also have many furloughed airline guys, retired guys as well (yes, we have retired guys from DAL, UAL, etc). And of course your military dudes. It's a pretty mixed bag, but most have one thing in common. Two actually. 1. They believe that they are underpaid, worked too hard, expected to wear too many hats for what they get in their paycheck. 2. They hope that the new contract (whenever that happens, if it happens) will take care of these concerns. Until then, I would have to say, you need to go to NJA thinking there WON'T be a new contract. Too many guys have been suckered in thinking things would change. If and when it happens, then it will be a bonus. I hope. I'm tired of hearing NJA guys saying, "We will all get 7 and 7 with the new contract" when we don't have one, yet. I'm tired of hearing guys answer the question about schedules by saying, "we have the 7 and 7, but I'm on the 17 day." I've been at NJA for almost two years, cannot upgrade, cannot hold the 7 and 7. Don' t come here expecting that right away. If you get here, and bang, we get the new contract, then excellent, we can all go out and have a beer. What I should really be telling anyone expecting to come here is, "I hope you have deep pockets, because if we go on strike, you will need the cash." I believe my MEC would agree with me there. Speculating on what our pay will be and how everyone will get the 7 and 7 with the new contract is irresponsible to those aspiring to come here. When it's in black and white, signed and sealed, then we can say these things.

davis said:
Also, you cannot fly pax legs..that is right you arent worthy according to the mighty customer and the clowns in cmh.
Why didn't you fly pax legs? All the FOM requires is something like 350 hours in the aiplane and u can fly from the right seat. Hell, with 250 hours you can fly from the left seat if the back is empty. Those are more fun anyway.

FatesPawn said:
ALL we have at Nutjets is Reserve.
Well... Kinda. You know what day you are working. You just don't know where you are going

Actually, the way our current "bullpen" works it's worse than 121 reserve.
121 Reserve rest and duty used to be exactly the same as 91K before sometime in 2000/2001 when the FAA said no more "bullpen" to them. 91K has just taken longer. 121 now has "shifts" that pilots bid for in a 24 period.

You don't know when you're in rest and when you aren't. Sure, that'll change under 91k or 135.... but 121 has had that for 4 years.
Paitence Grasshopper. It's coming. It's in the books and has a Feb 05 rollout date.

The BEST schedule you'll get at Netjets is 15 days off a month, with 15 days of "on call". If you don't mind not knowing what your schedule is, then it ain't so bad.
The schedule at NJA is very manageable and predictable. No commute so your days off are your days off (from midnight to midnight). I'd rather have 15 days off to myself (NJA) rather than 15 days off (121) AND have to make a commute to work 3 or 4 times a month, stress out if I'm gonna make my flight, get a hotel the night before and the night after a trip, etc, etc, etc. Thank God they can jumpseat easily.... THEY HAVE TO!!

Latest resources

Back