• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets vs CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Navin - I certainly don't get my panties in a wad over one airline over the other, trust me. However, like you - I fly for CAL and I decidedly enjoy it. However (again), I have an entire separate side of flying - fighters in the military - which you don't. Getting to fly in both worlds is actually a lot of fun, and that diversity is what makes it interesting. I can certainly understand if you get bored quickly with one type of flying.

OK, listen - as a CAL compatriot I would highly worn you of jumping ship just yet. Our new contract is just around the corner...and with our profits kicking a$$, tons of young dudes on the property, and a fired up MEC, I really think we're going to get a pretty damn good contract in '08. Think patience brother...you've only been here 2 years. If you jump ship now and we get a very respectable contract - which again, I truly think we will - you'll be kicking yourself in the a$$ for years to come. NJA's has a good business plan, but you'll soon tire of that act as well....and you'll be doing it for quite a bit less pay, benefits, etc...I think you should be patient for another year or two. If we get a FDX type contract or something similar I really think you'll be changing your tune. And if you still don't like it - you can easily jump ship at that time just as easily as you can now.

As for DAL - give me a break. Worst customer service period. You go there now and you'll be flying a piece of garbage MD88 out of JFK and realize it's the same poke your eyes out flying that happens at CAL in the 737 - but now you've got a retarded looking double breasted blazer and a much older/archaic airplane to deal with to boot. But I know you're more sensible than that.

There is not a major, legacy, regional carrier out there that knows a THING about customer service. Every time I go through security, listen to the countless announcements in the terminal, the EVER SO IMPORTANT weather briefing from the Captain, the Flight Attendants BLAH BLAH BLAH about their free soda, $4 beer and $5 wine, and now their $2 snacks, I just want to get out of there!!! Best money I ever spent was a Bose QC2 headset so I don't have to listen to that crap anymore.

Why in the hell can't they get some cushioning for the seats? I swear that my ass is numb before I take off.

Leg room?

Maybe they could CLEAN the airplanes every now and then? Not just pick up the trash, but CLEAN it? You know, use a disinfectant in the lav and wipe it down? How about CLEANING the trays? When was the last time they washed the pillows or blankets?

Ice trays? Coffee pots? Galley in general? What about the NASTY sidewalls? Maybe some Lysol on the air vents, reading lights? (By the way Flight Attendants, we know that you are going to dim the cabin lights for takeoff, and we know where the reading light is.)

I hate the whole process of riding on the airliners, and I would argue that the rest of America does too. It doesn't matter if you fly for CAL, UAL, DAL, AA, USAir, LUV, NWA, etc... The experience is the same on EVERY SINGLE ONE. I hate them all. The longer they keep it up, the better the Fractionals are going to do.

Last edited:
There is not a major, legacy, regional carrier out there that knows a THING about customer service. Every time I go through security, listen to the countless announcements in the terminal, the EVER SO IMPORTANT weather briefing from the Captain, the Flight Attendants BLAH BLAH BLAH about their free soda, $4 beer and $5 wine, and now their $2 snacks, I just want to get out of there!!! Best money I ever spent was a Bose QC2 headset so I don't have to listen to that crap anymore.

Don't forget the peddling of their mileage plus credit cards over the PA at 0600 while I want nothing but silence so I can sleep...or the advertising space they are now selling to FORD on the seat back tray tables...give me a break!

I've got the QC3s...a must have! Especially now that Southwest stopped pre-boarding families with small children, they might board AFTER you and sit right next to you...great! It's not as easy to avoid the screaming babies anymore

Don't forget the peddling of their mileage plus credit cards over the PA at 0600 while I want nothing but silence so I can sleep...or the advertising space they are now selling to FORD on the seat back tray tables...give me a break!

I've got the QC3s...a must have! Especially now that Southwest stopped pre-boarding families with small children, they might board AFTER you and sit right next to you...great! It's not as easy to avoid the screaming babies anymore

Didn't know that about LUV. That sucks man. The best advice I can give to avoid screming kids is to go towards the back of the plane. I would guess that the parents are not going to want to lug car seats, kids, and diaper bags all the way to the back.

I just want to say I left a regional where I hated a 4 day trips almost 4 years ago to go to a charter airline where at this moment I am on 9 day trip. BUT, I commercialled a day, rested a day, flew a loooong day (12+ hours 4 man crew-where I got to rest basically the whole first leg), have 2.5 days off, fly a looong day again, rest a day, and commercial home. The thought of flying everyday in and out of a hub nauseates me.
Point is, 9 days is a breeze now, because it isn't the same thing day in, day out. I think that had a lot to do with it. Just something to think about. Also I have really come to love having approximately the same amount of time off afterwards. 7-8 days off in a row is awesome!!!
Best of luck.
Coastinout

I ditto the ' to each their own' .....if someone is happy flying buiness jets and the QOL it offers at NJ then its the best job ever..

if somone enjoys the flying and QOL that is offered by a legacy carrier, then its the best job ever....

depends on each person and what makes them happy

Good luck to all on finding it !

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back