• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets vs CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a decent payscale, good to hear!

I have an occasional overnight at home and have decided I am better off in a hotel. It is usually 10-12 hours off and I get more rest if I just stay away. Too much on the to-do list if I try and go home for the night and get any rest. Maybe if it happened more regularly I would be able to deal with it better, who knows.

Oh, and X-rated- this is not a mine is better or bigger than yours discussion, just a sharing of information. Keep the "I fly a X" ego's out of it. I have sat in a X and I am perfectly content in my roomy little Hawker 800XP even at M.79. It sounds like XOjet is putting some decent pilot jobs out there and that is good for everyone, who cares what you are flying anyway. I actually thought it was pretty cool when I could say I was flying an Ultra for 90K per year. My airline friends loved hearing that.

You are right. That was uncalled for. Please accept my apology. I was just getting tired of all of those condescending posts, and thought it was time set the record straight.

I don't give a crap who flys the bigger airplane, I was just pointing out that there are some valid benifits to chosing a smaller rapidly growing company. I have no doubt that NJA is a great place to work, but so is XOJet. And, yes, it did feel good to take a little shot; he deserved it.

Congratulations to all NetJets pilots on your new TA.
It is good for all of us in the long run.

That is good to hear that XOJet does pay well. It seems to me that right now the fractionals are racing to the top and we are getting raises as opposed to the airline's race to the bottom. I feel that we get paid well here at NetJets and if XOJet pays more then that helps us justify better contracts and higher pay for our pilot group in the future. We are all in this together.

lol....yeah right.....then you woke up....

So now you're disputing something that you have NO WAY of knowing the truth to? Have you seen our contract? We don't have one, so I know the answer.

If you think he's dreaming about a BASE salary of $94,500, then there is no further reason to carry on an intelligent conversation with you. You sir, are mistaken in your facts.

For everyone else interested in XOJET, please continue to PM either myself or X-Rated. We both are happy to answer any questions you've got.

no im not disputing it.....lol

if your happy then please...stay there....lol

Im happy where Im at and was trying to spread the greatness.....just as you are.

the more people we get the better my seniority.

That post was because I seen that it dont jive with what another thread referenced the payscale as....

no im not disputing it.....lol

if your happy then please...stay there....lol

Im happy where Im at and was trying to spread the greatness.....just as you are.

the more people we get the better my seniority.

That post was because I seen that it dont jive with what another thread referenced the payscale as....

Dude,

All of your "..... lols" are creeping me out. Is that a nervous tick or what?

Go back check the other thread. You'll probably notice I'm the one who posted it. Just to refresh your memory, 1st year starting captain salary is currently 90K. And yes, qualified pilots can be hired as a captain, and if you're not yet qualified, don't worry. You will upgrade as soon as you are qualified.

Now, in fairness to all of the CAL guys who are trying to get usefull information out of this thread, I'll admit my base is 4,500 more than a new captain at XO, and you admit a new hire at NJ has zero chance of upgrading in the next three years.

Man, I hope you do keep spreading the news about how great NetJets is. Just stop bashing us because you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

Have a nice day...

Thread Hijack or no.

I am VERY pleased to see the compensation package offered at XOjet. I would rather have competition paying rates similar to ours at NJA (or more) than bottom, basement rates.

Other things to consider when comparing XOjet and NJA but I won't get into it here. Doesn't matter.

CAL or NJA?? Hmmm.

It all depends what the individual wants to do.

I did the airline thing for several years at a commuter then at a major. It was fun. I never thougth I'd be doing any other type of flying and I didn't want to. 2001 changed all of that so I took a leap of faith.

NJA has worked out to tbe a VERY comfortable fit for my and my wifes lives.

Frax flying vs. 121. One word. FREEDOM.

I airline on day one and day last (usually). I can't stand the experience of it anymore. I used to love it. I used to love the gossip, the who did who... it was like a daytime soap opera.

I hate TSA. I hate Shaneequa yelling in the PA like she's herding cattle into the jetway. I hate the Mesa flight attendant who is no better in the plane. It's crowded. Some guy farted and the APU isn't running so there is no airflow. PHL... need I say more?

We mix it up in the FRAX world as far as the flying we do. In a "typical" tour (there is no typical tour) we will fly to I'ntl airports, regional airports, municipal airports, private airports (ranch, club, residence property). We fly our planes to mix with the trafic accordingly. Traffic at KSFO flys a bit faster and differently than at 21XS. We still have dispatchers to prepare the flight releases and do weight and balance. We have schedulers. We have all of the things that a major airline would have to enable the pilot to do their job safely.

The schedule is fine. You know WHEN you will work but not WHERE you will go. The winter is all about the islands, S. FL and the moutains (Aspen, TEX, GJT). Summer is all about East to West. October to April is our busy time. Summer is a great time to take vacation 21 days at a time. I have 3 21 day periods in a year. Some guys have 2, some 4.

There is ample opportunity to make extra money in the new TA (if it passes). The income range will vary based on the schedule flown (7n7, 18 day, 15 FLEX), flying any open time if desired, selling back sick days or vacation days flying on 10 days we have slated as "holidays", etc.

60 NET airplanes next year... that's not including the companies requirement (if the TA passes) to enable NJA pilots to fly 85% of the int'l flights to an from our Domestic System. It will take more airframes to meet that number.

I believe that NJA management has seen that is can profit more by keeping employees happy. YES, that means spending more initially but the result is a butt-load of profits. We've all seen what "fighting the good fight" will yield; nothing good.

Stay at CAL if you like "big planes". Stay at CAL if you like flying "regular folks" to and from the center of the spider web. Stay at CAL if you have enough seniority to have a good career there. Stay at CAL if you like the multi-crew work environment.

I can't think of anything else.

Thread Hijack or no.

I am VERY pleased to see the compensation package offered at XOjet. I would rather have competition paying rates similar to ours at NJA (or more) than bottom, basement rates.

Other things to consider when comparing XOjet and NJA but I won't get into it here. Doesn't matter.

CAL or NJA?? Hmmm.

It all depends what the individual wants to do.

I did the airline thing for several years at a commuter then at a major. It was fun. I never thougth I'd be doing any other type of flying and I didn't want to. 2001 changed all of that so I took a leap of faith.

NJA has worked out to tbe a VERY comfortable fit for my and my wifes lives.

Frax flying vs. 121. One word. FREEDOM.

I airline on day one and day last (usually). I can't stand the experience of it anymore. I used to love it. I used to love the gossip, the who did who... it was like a daytime soap opera.

I hate TSA. I hate Shaneequa yelling in the PA like she's herding cattle into the jetway. I hate the Mesa flight attendant who is no better in the plane. It's crowded. Some guy farted and the APU isn't running so there is no airflow. PHL... need I say more?

We mix it up in the FRAX world as far as the flying we do. In a "typical" tour (there is no typical tour) we will fly to I'ntl airports, regional airports, municipal airports, private airports (ranch, club, residence property). We fly our planes to mix with the trafic accordingly. Traffic at KSFO flys a bit faster and differently than at 21XS. We still have dispatchers to prepare the flight releases and do weight and balance. We have schedulers. We have all of the things that a major airline would have to enable the pilot to do their job safely.

The schedule is fine. You know WHEN you will work but not WHERE you will go. The winter is all about the islands, S. FL and the moutains (Aspen, TEX, GJT). Summer is all about East to West. October to April is our busy time. Summer is a great time to take vacation 21 days at a time. I have 3 21 day periods in a year. Some guys have 2, some 4.

There is ample opportunity to make extra money in the new TA (if it passes). The income range will vary based on the schedule flown (7n7, 18 day, 15 FLEX), flying any open time if desired, selling back sick days or vacation days flying on 10 days we have slated as "holidays", etc.

60 NET airplanes next year... that's not including the companies requirement (if the TA passes) to enable NJA pilots to fly 85% of the int'l flights to an from our Domestic System. It will take more airframes to meet that number.

I believe that NJA management has seen that is can profit more by keeping employees happy. YES, that means spending more initially but the result is a butt-load of profits. We've all seen what "fighting the good fight" will yield; nothing good.

Stay at CAL if you like "big planes". Stay at CAL if you like flying "regular folks" to and from the center of the spider web. Stay at CAL if you have enough seniority to have a good career there. Stay at CAL if you like the multi-crew work environment.

I can't think of anything else.

Very well said. I hear fractional flying isn't for everyone (some people need more structure) - you have to have an open mind at first. That said, many former 121 pilots who have transitioned over to the fractional world will never go back. They like the freedom and the constant variety inherent in this type of flying. They like meeting interesting people - they actually want to interact with their passengers vs. just turning left when they get on the airplane. The realities of airline flying include long delays on the ground and in the air due to congestion/weather, financial insecurity, upset passengers with super-high expectations - it's a different world from the airline flying a few decades back.

Fractional flying ain't perfect either by a long shot, but it certainly is catching a lot more interest from all aviation professionals (and Netjet's TA will get a lot more attention if it passes).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back