• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Upgrade?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious, no knowledge of fracs, but why would someone not want to updgrade?

upgrade

Timskeeper........ When you get all the bennies, schedule and pay that a captain gets but no headaches with haveing to deal with the company on FUBAR flights, maintence, hotels, etc etc....:rolleyes:

Don't forget that a number of the F/O's here are retired airline folks that pretty much want the medical benefits until age 65 comes around. Why upgrade and have to deal with the Company? They are getting the schedule they want, bidding the vacation slots they want....I don't blame them.

Right seat in the Falcon.....second easiest job here....right seat ini the BBJ is the easiest.

Been at nja since 8/02. I have 250 pilots in front of me waiting for upgrade. The pay difference between fo and Capt is large enough that most will not bypass upgrade anymore. Also to consider, captains at NJA are very expensive now, the days of staffing 2 to 1 captains to fo's is over. I forcast that upgrades will dry up for the next quatrter or two then it will go straight line senority after that. I don't see me upgrading for at least another 2 years. But that is just my opinion

When the TA was reached/announced everyone was running in circles saying not to worry too much about F.O. pay, giving up bypass pay, etc. because of all of the new iron that was supposedly coming. There was supposed to be a huge windfall of hiring and upgrades will continue to be fast ?

Can someone put up the forecast aircraft deliveries ? Maybe this could shed some light on what's going on...

Me to M80

I was hired same as you 8/02. I also estimated 250 FO's in front of us.

I think it will be sooner then 2 years for sure. Today at White plains I saw the list that showed 50 something airplanes arriving in 2006.

I think it will "REV UP" quite a bit if the contract passes.

At least we got Home Basing if nothing else.

Time will tell...

Semor...HBA's for those already on the property.....What going tom happen to the hiring once the Company starts telling people which of the 5 Domicile they must report to.

They backed themselves into a corner.......

Semore Butts said:
Today at White plains I saw the list that showed 50 something airplanes arriving in 2006.

Just a curiosity question. How many airplanes are leaving in 2006? Surely there are some airframes retiring.

X

Semore Butts said:
I was hired same as you 8/02. I also estimated 250 FO's in front of us.

I think it will be sooner then 2 years for sure. Today at White plains I saw the list that showed 50 something airplanes arriving in 2006.

I think it will "REV UP" quite a bit if the contract passes.

At least we got Home Basing if nothing else.

Time will tell...

I think that could happen in 12 months.

if we do it every yr... in 4 yrs the 1000 SICs on the property now will have upgraded.

Latest resources

Back