• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

NetJets Upgrade?

jetfo

Total Time
Enough
Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to upgrade at NetJets?
Thanks.

be-400xpdriver

Total Time
jetfo said:
Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to upgrade at NetJets?
Thanks.

Before the TA 1-6 months in the 400XP or ultra.
After the TA 2-4 Years is my guess, if not longer.

miles otoole

Total Time
10k+
gunfyter said:
I am thinking 4-5 yrs at least.

There are 1000 people on the property right now waiting for upgrade to PIC.

At least, I agree. It reminds me of all my Home Depot stock-tremendous growth through the 90's and early 2000s as the dominant home hardware store. The stock has now been flat for 5 years as competition and labor costs have shot up. Add to that pilots being able to fly until they drop dead and you have stagnant pilot movement. American Eagle, anyone?

Total Time
Have you seen the pay scale, 100K after 5 years, no difference between Ultra captain pay and Falcon 2000 captain pay.

miles otoole

Total Time
10k+
NJA bound said:
Have you seen the pay scale, 100K after 5 years, no difference between Ultra captain pay and Falcon 2000 captain pay.

Is upgrade then guaranteed at 5 years?

wanttofly

Total Time
5000+
It is only personal opion, but it will not take that long to upgrade. First of all, we are getting new airplanes, so that will mean growth. Not everyone wants to upgrade, talk to some who feel that they (even with the pay) don't want to upgrade. There is still going to be a mass exit out of here, a few after the first 60% of the bonus - and I would bet that 300 - 500 no later than the second 40% payment. I would be willing to bet within 1 to 2 years you will be able to sit left seat in the Ultra or the 400.

HAZ-MAT

Glowing Member
Total Time
Jan '06 will be an interesting month to see how many over 60 retired, but now at NJA decide to take their retro check and leave.

DO-82 driver

Total Time
200+
Wantotofly....we have over 600 F/O's right now in the line for upgrade. Let's say only half want it....that's 300 waiting to upgrade right now..... I think 3-5 years is a realistic number

Miles.....is 5 years gauranteed to make an upgrade??????

You're joking....right?....Nothing is gauranteed.

TimsKeeper

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Just curious, no knowledge of fracs, but why would someone not want to updgrade?

Just Peachy

Total Time
upgrade

Timskeeper........ When you get all the bennies, schedule and pay that a captain gets but no headaches with haveing to deal with the company on FUBAR flights, maintence, hotels, etc etc....:rolleyes:

Fozzy

Total Time
Peachy,
What stress are you talking about?!? You don't ever leave the hotel! :)

DO-82 driver

Total Time
200+
Don't forget that a number of the F/O's here are retired airline folks that pretty much want the medical benefits until age 65 comes around. Why upgrade and have to deal with the Company? They are getting the schedule they want, bidding the vacation slots they want....I don't blame them.

Right seat in the Falcon.....second easiest job here....right seat ini the BBJ is the easiest.

m80drvr

Total Time
Been at nja since 8/02. I have 250 pilots in front of me waiting for upgrade. The pay difference between fo and Capt is large enough that most will not bypass upgrade anymore. Also to consider, captains at NJA are very expensive now, the days of staffing 2 to 1 captains to fo's is over. I forcast that upgrades will dry up for the next quatrter or two then it will go straight line senority after that. I don't see me upgrading for at least another 2 years. But that is just my opinion

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
When the TA was reached/announced everyone was running in circles saying not to worry too much about F.O. pay, giving up bypass pay, etc. because of all of the new iron that was supposedly coming. There was supposed to be a huge windfall of hiring and upgrades will continue to be fast ?

Can someone put up the forecast aircraft deliveries ? Maybe this could shed some light on what's going on...

Semore Butts

Total Time
9000+
Me to M80

I was hired same as you 8/02. I also estimated 250 FO's in front of us.

I think it will be sooner then 2 years for sure. Today at White plains I saw the list that showed 50 something airplanes arriving in 2006.

I think it will "REV UP" quite a bit if the contract passes.

At least we got Home Basing if nothing else.

Time will tell...

DO-82 driver

Total Time
200+
Semor...HBA's for those already on the property.....What going tom happen to the hiring once the Company starts telling people which of the 5 Domicile they must report to.

They backed themselves into a corner.......

XTW

XCA Monkey
Total Time
Semore Butts said:
Today at White plains I saw the list that showed 50 something airplanes arriving in 2006.

Just a curiosity question. How many airplanes are leaving in 2006? Surely there are some airframes retiring.

X

gunfyter

Total Time
11000+
Semore Butts said:
I was hired same as you 8/02. I also estimated 250 FO's in front of us.

I think it will be sooner then 2 years for sure. Today at White plains I saw the list that showed 50 something airplanes arriving in 2006.

I think it will "REV UP" quite a bit if the contract passes.

At least we got Home Basing if nothing else.

Time will tell...

I think that could happen in 12 months.

if we do it every yr... in 4 yrs the 1000 SICs on the property now will have upgraded.