Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gunfyter said:
I am thinking 4-5 yrs at least.

There are 1000 people on the property right now waiting for upgrade to PIC.

At least, I agree. It reminds me of all my Home Depot stock-tremendous growth through the 90's and early 2000s as the dominant home hardware store. The stock has now been flat for 5 years as competition and labor costs have shot up. Add to that pilots being able to fly until they drop dead and you have stagnant pilot movement. American Eagle, anyone?

Have you seen the pay scale, 100K after 5 years, no difference between Ultra captain pay and Falcon 2000 captain pay.

It is only personal opion, but it will not take that long to upgrade. First of all, we are getting new airplanes, so that will mean growth. Not everyone wants to upgrade, talk to some who feel that they (even with the pay) don't want to upgrade. There is still going to be a mass exit out of here, a few after the first 60% of the bonus - and I would bet that 300 - 500 no later than the second 40% payment. I would be willing to bet within 1 to 2 years you will be able to sit left seat in the Ultra or the 400.

Jan '06 will be an interesting month to see how many over 60 retired, but now at NJA decide to take their retro check and leave.

Wantotofly....we have over 600 F/O's right now in the line for upgrade. Let's say only half want it....that's 300 waiting to upgrade right now..... I think 3-5 years is a realistic number

Miles.....is 5 years gauranteed to make an upgrade??????

You're joking....right?....Nothing is gauranteed.

Latest resources

Back