• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bullying? What are you talking about? The message boards like I said, ignore it. It's writing on a screen. And I don't care if you were called a management stooge (I would never say that, but I know others have), were you threatened? The worst I've seen is a few folks saying if you're not with us, you're one of THEM. Ohhhh, the bullying! , a conversation or three, the publishing of a never-before-published matrix of extended days by fleet in a clear effort to embarrass people into toeing the union line. You're kidding, right? Were there any names attached to it? No? Have you read our contract? It's actually REQUIRED that the union collect this data, and make it available to the membership. But no names, who is getting embarrassed? Just a few examples. The union ASKED for support from the membership. That's what they've done for each and every issue we've faced.

Has anyone shown up at your door with a baseball bat? Smashed the windows in your car? You been getting death threats? Since it's no longer a Teamster's local, that possibility is admittedly remote. So in other words, no. Let's expand, have you received any calls form the union telling you to do something, or else? I hope you're not referring to anything on the "Echo Chamber". That's a message board, same as this one, and can be turned off on your end at any time. You needn't listen to anything said there. Ah, but it can be so entertaining...and revealing. Still not bullying. Come on, have you talked to ANY GLC crews who have changed their behaviour at work because they're worried about some scary consequence from the union that they picked up from the boards? Since it's 'entertainment', just shut it off if it gets too scary. Or you may be able to buy some sort of "V" chip for your computer to filter this stuff for you. Have you been treated rudely by the non-GLC crews on the road? Actually, yes, since you asked. And more than once. I figured it was because they were abused as children (obscure movie reference). Rudely as in threats, or just boorish behaviour? Because I've run into a few rude ones myself from the GLC fleet. It was certainly irritating, but not especially threatening, or done in a bullying manner./COLOR] I'm honestly interested, who is bullying anyone about any issue?
I remember back in '05 when I didn't agree with some things we were doing. I had some heated exchanges on the message boards with others who were more hardcore union than I am (I know, hard to believe), but it was just passionate discussion. I never felt bullied. Just how thin is your skin anyway? Judging by some of his published responses, thicker than Luthi's, clearly.Doesn't seem like it.

Good. Think for yourself. The major issues come to a vote and you're entitled to vote any way you choose (or not vote at all, if that's the position you'd like to take). Haven't had the chance to vote, ever. Major issues, right? 401k is a major issue.Yes it is. And had the EMT followed the proper channels and made the switch contractually, you would have had the chance to vote on it. Same as the rest of us. It's OUR money, and WE should have the ultimate say-so on what happens to it, which is EXACTLY why that part is in the CBA. And the reason we're where we're currently at with the EMT over this whole thing. The EMT denied you your vote, not the union. So is the idea to picket. Did that come up for a vote? Didn't think so. It's not contractual and doesn't require a vote per the bylaws. Even our union has rules to follow. Yes, yes, I know the EBoard is paid to make those decisions FOR us.Every vote takes months to set up, and costs at least $25K to execute. So yes, we do have leadership that is supposed to make a great many decisions. You act irritated it works this way, yet you don't want to be bothered with this union crap. So which is it? Do you want to have to vote on things every other day because we want, as a group of 3000 different opinions, to micromanage our leaders, or do you want to let them do their jobs, and not bother you all the time with union stuff you don't like? Pardon me if I don't fall in line like a good little Bundist (another obscure movie reference).So don't. When votes come up, vote however you like. And if you don't feel the picketing for something is right, don't show up. Our history has shown we do much better as a unified group, but we've never had 100% unity, and for those who didn't 'fall in line', I haven't heard of anyone needing therapy because they were harrassed and bullied because of their choices.

As for the attitudes of the rank and file, I don't necessarily believe our message boards always reflect what the majority is thinking. But the official union polls do a pretty good job of that. Poll? What poll? They regularly take sampling polls of the membership. It's random. If you haven't ever been called, make sure you double check with the union HQ that they have your correct phone number on file. Or maybe you have caller ID, and thought the polling agency (it's a university) was some kind of telemarketer and didn't answer? I've never been polled on my opinions about the union or its direction. Don't know anybody in the GLC that has been polled, either.This is a specific issue you've asked of the other GLC crews? You've asked them all? Did you miss that part in my last post? And again, I've been with this union for 15 years now, and been flying with the regular rank and file for that same time. I'd wager anything you care to that I have a better pulse on what the pilots feel than you do.

As I said before, some didn't care for the action the union is currently taking. That's great. When was the last time you took a large workforce like ours, whether union or non-union, and got 100% consensus on anything? Point taken. And that would be great if people weren't browbeaten for having a different opinion. Look at the way G4 is treated for his OPINION.It's FI, who cares? But actually, I agree with you that there is some browbeating. Sadly, some supposedly adult people still haven't learned to act like one. Still, if you can't get around it, I'd say your comments about thicker skin than Luthi's is incorrect.

I'm just telling you through my experience with THIS UNION over 15 years, that the turnout for the picket was great, and if you'd care to correlate it to pilot feelings about the current issue versus past pickets and pilot feelings on past issues, then I'd say the vast majority of pilots here are unhappy with the 401K thing, this EMT's overall treatment of our CBA, and are pleased with the path we've chosen. I'm not happy with the way management handled the 401k either. In my opinion, it's a mistake to poke the bear when you don't need to.A shame you don't feel the same way about the EMT. We could have a much better relationship with the company if THEY would allow it. Again, I've been in this union a long time now, and I've seen how it's gone. While we certainly had our beefs with past EMT's, there was always respect from both sides and the lines of communication were always open. Something has changed with this new EMT, and I can tell you it isn't the union. You haven't been with us in the past, so you have nothing to compare it to, so I can see how it may look like the union is the problem. Fair enough. But maybe you should listen to what we're telling you and do a little research on your own of our history, and it will be clearer where the problem lies. I just disagree with the EBoard's choice of response.You don't have to. Doesn't mean a picket might not be warranted in the future.I hope not. It's better for everyone if we all cooperate.

Thanks for your responses. At least we can talk about this stuff. I don't threaten, browbeat, or bully. I'm always interested in an exchange of opinions.

Concerned about what they did to the 401k? Yes.

To the point if a picket? No.

Future pickets during the next Section 6 (in 2016)? Probably. If we last that long.

I think it is abundantly clear this is not 100% about the 401(k)....There have been many situations leading up to this. Remember Sokol and his initial scope offer.

"Take it or leave it. But we'll furlough if you leave it."

How about toying with peoples livelyhoods every other month. I've got buddies who can't make a single decision for the fear of losing their job.

How about management meetings where they try to scare pilots with furlough talk.

The 401(k) is a huge deal....... in the end, besides family, retirement is all we have. The company is arbitrarily deciding our financial futures. (atleast on some level). Without contractual consent. If there is anything that should light the fire, it's our retirement.

What else would light your fire? (honest question). If the paycheck didn't show up? Is that the time to get going. Or if they suddenly stopped paying you the same wage? Would that be the turning point. Then should they picket?

If you really believe that this EMT is good for NJA and good for labor, then there is no way we'll agree in the first place. I believe they are incapable of turning NJA into a growing company. The one caveat is Buffett and what he wants NJA to be. But NJA is so small it probably doesn't even cross his mind except for maybe the quarterly SEC filings?

Z, I meant it was stupid for the EMT to poke the union bear, not the other way around. But that's okay, you misconstrued (or twisted) a lot of other things I wrote anyway. Missed the irony, sarcasm, and humor too. Quite common in message-board land.

Fact is, one side is driving this bus. The other side has the accelerator mashed to the floor. And BOTH sides missed the signs saying the bridge is out. I'm waiting by the emergency exit and have more than a few places to jump if it actually heads over the cliff. Haven't jumped yet because, compared to traditional corporate, this job is easy. Compared to on-demand jet charter, it's a cakewalk. And easy is better than difficult.

And with that, I'll leave you to your holiday shopping, eggnog, Rudolph and Frosty. Happy holidays. Really.

Guys

I do complain about some issues that bother me but at this time full support needs to go behind NJASAP!

Its time for more picketing >> Banner planes >> whatever it takes fella's

ML did what was necessary today. Thanks man!

I don't know what this has to with picketing.

Last post for me.

The FACTS are as follows: The bylaws vote was extended to get the requisite number of votes. Agree with it or not, it was the bylaws vote, NOT the election for leaders that was extended.

And for the record, I voted 'no' on the bylaws vote, so I did NOT get the results that I wanted.

Sheesh! Just where are you getting your 'facts' from anyway?

Well I could argue with you on this one but i'm formally going to stop going back from here on and fully support what we need to do in the future!

I was just going to say the same thing..... Other than Union folks, how many drove more than say 100 miles to picket

I live in Delaware and I was there. I had recurrent the previous week and just stayed a couple of extra days. (I coordinated alternate last day travel) Of course it meant that I’m only home for 2 days before going back on the road but to walk the line with 75-80 of my brothers - priceless.

Having my wife there was just icing on the cake.

He got 800 our of about 1200 votes cast. That's 2/3 of the votes that were cast. I don't know about a mandate, but he won by a large margin.

And I was out walking the line because Mark and the rest of my union leadership asked us to.

I don't agree with 100% of what the current E Board has done but I back them 100% in their efforts with this management team. 'Nuf said.

Last edited:
Oh goody. I bet the public is really in the mood for six figure income morons picketing while there is 9 percent unemployment.

Six figures? What crack pipe are you smoking? I max out the FO payscale in 2 yrs and will never, ever see six figures at NJA unless I upgrade in what, 6 more years at best? Great, I'll be a 13 year SIC who will never see even 90K while I have junior guys making over 50K more than me because of a hurried integration. And then the company helps me lose 12% of my 401K by an illegal plan change, and now they want to play more games? Sorry, but, uh, NO.
BTW I didn't vote for BO, but I'll bet many of those unemployed people did...they got what they asked for, and it aint my fault. Picketing is here. Once you guys in the GLC start getting the bend over treatment the the NJA side has had for years, I'll bet you change your tune.

Six figures? What crack pipe are you smoking? I max out the FO payscale in 2 yrs and will never, ever see six figures at NJA unless I upgrade in what, 6 more years at best? Great, I'll be a 13 year SIC who will never see even 90K while I have junior guys making over 50K more than me because of a hurried integration. And then the company helps me lose 12% of my 401K by an illegal plan change, and now they want to play more games? Sorry, but, uh, NO.
BTW I didn't vote for BO, but I'll bet many of those unemployed people did...they got what they asked for, and it aint my fault. Picketing is here. Once you guys in the GLC start getting the bend over treatment the the NJA side has had for years, I'll bet you change your tune.

I'm fairly sure that any BO vote happened before the furloughed arrived. I am within the top 37% of the furloughrd and don't recall a vote except for IBB....could be wrong though.

Why are all you guys all pissed off all of the sudden?? Other than this 401k bit, you guys make it sound like the walls are coming down. The complaints I read on here is the reality that we have been living with all along and we're not that disgruntled. Just asking.

Latest resources

Back