NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lorenzo merely bought the dead carcass.

If that's the case, I can't think why he was forbidden by the justice department from ever being involved with any airline for the rest of his life. You don't get banned for life for doing good deeds.

If that's the case, I can't think why he was forbidden by the justice department from ever being involved with any airline for the rest of his life. You don't get banned for life for doing good deeds.

Yes, unfortunately NJA has atleast one person who doesn't think Lorenzo was bad for aviation. Please don't judge the rest of us based on 1.

The specifics are valid, and will be worked out in time. My worry is macro. I am worried the union will gradually increase NJAs operating costs to the point where we can't compete in the marketplace. In my formative years, I saw the Eastern Airlines employees perpetually at war with their employer. They eventually created such an underperforming company that the stock was worth more dead than alive, creating Frank Lorenzo. He was not the problem, the underproductive and sullen unions, especially the machinists, were the problem. Lorenzo merely bought the dead carcass.

Your fears are valid, however at this time we aren't asking for more. We're asking, no, DEMANDING that our employer honor the contract we currently have. That's not unreasonable. What response do you think the company would have if you are on the 7/7 schedule, but decided you were only going to show up for work for 5 of those days just because you didn't like it? Do you think there might be some action taken by the company to correct that behaviour (carpet dance, demotion, or fired?)? Well, not sure why some folks are so worried that the union is taking action when it's the company violating the contract. Sorry, the contract applies to BOTH parties.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the back and forth with you G4, but you just lost pretty much ALL credibility with me as soon as I read your comments regarding Lorenzo above. You were just kidding, right?! If nothing else, wacoflyer's comment hit the nail on the head. Oh poor Lorenzo, he was just taking advantage of a good business opportunity brought about by those nasty unions?:puke:

Hate the game, not the player. We hate the idiots who think nothing is wrong at Netjets

Too funny...

I love their posters, but didn't realize they had videos, too. Some of those hit a little close to home!

Actually, Waldo would prefer to pump your hand and drop F-bombs like a garbageman (ya know- come down to your level) and then slip away to use the hand sanitizer.

But seriously, we know their side will be taking names etc. Is there someone on our side planning to videotape this event so it can't be maligned or downplayed later?

I'm surprised the company hasn't tried to re-time the lunch break during company recurrent to NOT coincide with the picket event.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the back and forth with you G4, but you just lost pretty much ALL credibility with me as soon as I read your comments regarding Lorenzo above.

I'm surprised it took as long as it did. :laugh:

Your fears are valid, however at this time we aren't asking for more. We're asking, no, DEMANDING that our employer honor the contract we currently have. That's not unreasonable. What response do you think the company would have if you are on the 7/7 schedule, but decided you were only going to show up for work for 5 of those days just because you didn't like it? Do you think there might be some action taken by the company to correct that behaviour (carpet dance, demotion, or fired?)? Well, not sure why some folks are so worried that the union is taking action when it's the company violating the contract. Sorry, the contract applies to BOTH parties.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the back and forth with you G4, but you just lost pretty much ALL credibility with me as soon as I read your comments regarding Lorenzo above. You were just kidding, right?! If nothing else, wacoflyer's comment hit the nail on the head. Oh poor Lorenzo, he was just taking advantage of a good business opportunity brought about by those nasty unions?:puke:

My point is that if it hadn't been Lorenzo, it would have been Icahn or Pickens or somebody else, buying a dead company whose assets were worth more than the functioning corporation. I am no fan of Lorenzo.

Yes, unfortunately NJA has atleast one person who doesn't think Lorenzo was bad for aviation. Please don't judge the rest of us based on 1.

What on earth led you guys to think I am a fan of Lorenzo? Nothing in my posts said that.

Latest resources

Back