• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those interested, the picket went GREAT yesterday!! Fantastic weather and good folks, of whom about 80 showed up! Had about a dozen or so mechanics in the line, and several dispatchers as well.

Even had a good laugh courtesy of management. Apparently, they told the other workers and management types at Easton not to come down and view the picket, as they were scared the union would accuse them of spying on us. LOL! These folks just get funnier and funnier. Spying on our PUBLIC picket? Oh, the secrets we all were carrying!:rolleyes:

Anyway, a very successful event. No, I don't believe we changed the world with it. I also don't believe we will have chased off any owners or potential owners with it. Yes, we displayed great solidarity and the willingness to not sit idly by while any EMT screws with our CBA. Is the EMT going to come running to us to fix the 401k because of this? No. But the pressure's on now, and we can step up the game if that's what becomes necessary.

The only folks who were noticably absent, were the GLC pilots. Only had one there, and he is actually an "A"-side crossover who is currently a union leader. Ah well, we'll keep doing the dirty work so this job stays the good job they keep telling us it is that we shouldn't be screwing with.

After yesterday's non-showing by any of the GLC pilots, I sadly must admit that G4 is probably right; if we ever had a strike, the GLC pilots would happily scab against us. I've always found the GLC pilots to be good folks, and have spent a lot of time defending them on our message boards, and advising everyone to provide a warm welcome into our union, but I think I'll just remain silent on those issues from now on. It's a shame we don't have a way to allow all the bad changes the EMT wants to make to just affect the GLC pilots while we enforce the CBA for everyone else. But, that's not how a union works. They now pay dues, and we WILL work on their behalf as well, even if they ridicule us and refuse to participate.

But back on track. It was a great event!

We are good folks. We just don't like or agree with the union. Do you people actually think that if one does not like unions, that means he is a bad person?

We are good folks. We just don't like or agree with the union. Do you people actually think that if one does not like unions, that means he is a bad person?

If you help take food off of my kid's plate, or help take a roof from over their head's, then yes. Until then, no.

I didn't say you weren't good folks. I didn't even say you had to like the union.

I said I wasn't going to stick my neck out on our boards anymore and defend you guys. I said that seeing as how you don't like the union, it's a shame there isn't a way to allow you to continue to experience the 'benevolence' of our EMT, without union 'interference', while the rest of us continue to use the protections afforded us by our union. But as it doesn't work that way, I'll never get to see it. Oh well.

If this EMT were to decide to furlough out of seniority order, in violation of the CBA, and a bunch of senior and highly paid GLC folks were let go, I wonder how many would just shrug their shoulders and say, "Well, it's the company's right to do so. I'll just pack my stuff and go.", or how many would be screaming at the top of their lungs that it's not right and the union needs to do something about this flagrant violation. YOU may feel it's fine, but my money is on most of the furloughed GLC guys suddenly thinking the union isn't such a bad thing.

The main point is, that the picket was a great success, and it was a shame we didn't see any GLC folks there. That's all.

They wouldn't let me wear my leather jacket and there's no way in HE// I was going to wear that dorky overcoat so.....

And thanks for painting with that nice, broad brush Realityman. And I guess I missed all that "support" and those "warm welcomes" in the echo chamber. Ever wonder why NONE of us post OVER THERE anymore????

Last edited:
They wouldn't let me wear my leather jacket and there's no way in HE// I was going to wear that dorky overcoat so.....

And thanks for painting with that nice, broad brush Realityman. And I guess I missed all that "support" and those "warm welcomes" in the echo chamber. Ever wonder why NONE of us post anymore????

If you missed it, then it's because you weren't paying attention. Or, more likely, you and the others were more focused on the negative and hostile folks (of which I freely admit there are quite a few) on the message boards. Nevertheless, I have not been alone when expressing the thoughts on our boards that we should be as welcoming as possible to the Gulfstream folks. It's easier to get people to see your point of view when being friendly, as opposed to abrasive and antagonistic posts.

Sorry you missed the friendly stuff. As I said, it's possible it was drowned out by the negative.

Still, I have several friends who are union stewards. There have been a fair number of incidents where some of the GLC guys have utilized the union's services. Some of them for potential disciplinary issues. My friends tell me those guys were VERY glad to have representation! That's great. That's what they pay dues for. It's just a shame that the only time they're happy for the union is when they're in trouble. If the union could use their support, in say, a picket, they're nowhere to be found.

By the way, no way will I post info about those incidents I mentioned on these boards, but our stewards will be more than happy to provide you with sanitized (no names, dates) of the incidents where GLC pilots needed union representation. I'm not making it up. Pick up your phone and find out for yourself.

Considering the union HAS benefitted you folks already, and not ONE could be bothered to support our union's call to action (yes, that's your prerogative), I don't feel too badly about painting with a broad brush in this case.

Glad to see that Reality man is back to earth with the g wiz stuff.

Now he just needs to explain how nobody lost any vacation with IBB ??

splain that one to us?

Realityman,

Considering only about 60 of 2500+ pilots showed up for the picket, I'm beginning to think the rank and file support for this EBoard in general and this President in particular is a LOT softer than anybody in the echo chamber is willing to admit. At least on this issue.

As to the rest, most folks just don't like to continually listen to nattering naybobs of negativity or participate in the negativity. Doesn't mean they are all management stooges despite what many "A" siders think.

Raj,

Go back and re-read the relevant post by me.

Here's the paraphrased version: As far as the loss of vacation in the IBB, I said that I AGREED WITH YOU. It wasn't right, and I spoke up about it at the time. I just said that when taken as a whole, I felt the IBB was an overall win for the pilot group.

Well, at least I can agree with you in part on something, even if it isn't about the whole thing.

And yes, I'm disappointed the GLC group right now, but I stand by my beliefs that the integration was accomplished in about as fair a manner as could be hoped for.

Whether they like the union or not, or will stand with us when the big fights come, is fodder for future posts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back