• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My quality of life and pay was better when we were non union. Things are still good, though. The union seems to be reasonable. My main worry is that the union might become militant, which scares me to death.

If the union becomes militant, it is because management wants us to be. Even B19 agrees that you get the union you ask for.

If the union becomes militant, it is because management wants us to be. Even B19 agrees that you get the union you ask for.

Believe it or not, I tend to agree with you. However, in my case, I didn't ask for it and my company's employees (NJI) did not ask for it. What I don't understand, NJA was a crappy place, so why did pilots hire on there?

I am not a huge fan of this picket (its too little too late for sure in my opinion)

However I will say that I do support the Pilots who decide to picket next Monday in CMH land. I hope that somehow it does help the pilots cause going forward.

With sales going on and crews being hired back at most all the fracs its time that this also happens in Columbus.

G4 >> you better get your ASS to cmh to picket.

Pay the assessment and you won't lose your job.

Naaa

I think G4 is one of those guys that will talk smack on the union but when he climbs out of KTEB to 8000 after he forgot to level off at 1500 feet on the Rudy 2 departure he will gladly use the unions services.

Believe it or not, I tend to agree with you. However, in my case, I didn't ask for it and my company's employees (NJI) did not ask for it. What I don't understand, NJA was a crappy place, so why did pilots hire on there?

9/11 was one reason... the whole 2001-2005 airline downfall was another..... Before 9/11 it was a place to time build, but as with any company, the lucky ones decided to stay put.

Just my opinion of course. Pre 2005 I never gave NJA a thought, would have been a paycut and worse schedule.... (of course in hindsight I wish I would have been a bit wiser!!)

I'm sure everyone has their reasons. Does it really matter? The past is the past.

Looking at the present, and you will see the CEO at a hangar in HPN talking the mechanics out of organizing instead of answering emails from disgruntled owners or even TRYING to sell a share in a plane. :erm:

If the employees are thinking about organizing, the customers are upset, the fleet is old, and the deliveries aren't coming, how do you think that bodes for our future? :bawling:

I'm sure everyone has their reasons. Does it really matter? The past is the past.

Looking at the present, and you will see the CEO at a hangar in HPN talking the mechanics out of organizing instead of answering emails from disgruntled owners or even TRYING to sell a share in a plane. :erm:

If the employees are thinking about organizing, the customers are upset, the fleet is old, and the deliveries aren't coming, how do you think that bodes for our future? :bawling:

Easy, fisch, I am worried enough as it is. Interestingly, I have been talking with a lot of the owners I fly, and they are pretty much uniformly happy with NJA.

Fair enough. You do understand my question, though. A pilot hires on with a poorly paying company and then screams about the pay. I don't understand this.

Easy, fisch, I am worried enough as it is. Interestingly, I have been talking with a lot of the owners I fly, and they are pretty much uniformly happy with NJA.

I have noticed the opposite. We fly different owners though. I'm on a very different fleet.

Exactly. Plus, the company will furlough/recall the exact same number of pilots* whether or not we take concessions. The only difference is whether the job is worth coming back to.

* unless scope is one of the concessions. Then they'll furlough many more.

Exactly! I say picket the 401k but be wary that this might be a distraction :
http://goo.gl/av9sx

Latest resources

Back