• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

netjets to match competitive pricing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't think you were flying all that much right now Dub. Figured you were spending most of your time whipping MQ into shape down in HXD....:rolleyes:

Well... I am flying some. :eek: I spend little more than half my time flying the line... the rest is doing Union work. Variety is the spice of life!

:p

Everyone in every business can learn something from the competition. NJA included. If you don't, your cmpany will wither over time. There are a certain things Flex does better than NJA. But in a good industry remember a rising tide lifts all boats. Neither operator nor pilots should have anything to feel down about. They are both first rate.

That said, I did win the GIV lottery last month on a coast to coast (almost trip). The GIV is a very sweet ride. It can almost want you to get one but they are $$$ and I do not need to impress anyone. So when we do get back to reality and we are just thankful that we can fly privately on a smaller jet, without a flight attendant. Still beats the airlines.

Fly safe.

NJ Owner,
At Flex Jet you don’t have to win the lotto to get the 300 or the 605, it just happens many many times, called (operational upgrade) especially with the 300. A lot of our Learjet owners spend more time in the 300 than they do on their lears. Reason why? Is a lot easier for the company to find a 300 or sometimes a 605 near the pickup than a L60 or L40/45. Owners love it!!

Nope! You are so right! You are number one. To be laid off. Latest word on the street is Textron selling either Cessna or the helicopter division. Regardless, CitationShares has never operated in the black, and never broken even. You will be the first to go when they reorganize. So I hope no one here knows who you are down the road when you are looking for a job.

I heard 500 going to get laid off at NetJets. That's from a friend of mine that works for them. NutJets is the second best frac out there (behind CS), but as Dale Earnhardt always said...second place is the first loser.

typical, with this economy instead of sticking together and making a diffrence all you wanna do is fight about it.

I wish you would get the boot and they hire back some of the better people.

I heard 500 going to get laid off at NetJets. That's from a friend of mine that works for them. NutJets is the second best frac out there (behind CS), but as Dale Earnhardt always said...second place is the first loser.

if NJA laid off 500 the implications would be felt all over this country.

NJA would have to dump fleets, retrain huge amounts of pilots. the used aircraft market would be flooded with planes.

also, NJA could not charter another plane until after they brought back the furloughed guys.

so, not likely. but your friend must know something I don't.

NJ Owner,
At Flex Jet you don’t have to win the lotto to get the 300 or the 605, it just happens many many times, called (operational upgrade) especially with the 300. A lot of our Learjet owners spend more time in the 300 than they do on their lears. Reason why? Is a lot easier for the company to find a 300 or sometimes a 605 near the pickup than a L60 or L40/45. Owners love it!!

I think NJAowner was referring to the upgrade "jump" and how infrequent a jump that "big" would occur. I would guess that upgrades happen at least as frequently at NJ as they do at Flex. We have more intervening aircraft between an XL and a G-V, some of a similar size, some a bit larger. I would guess that upgrades from the XL to say a Hawker or Sovereign are more common than XL to G-V, and XL to Hawker or Sovereign would occur at a frequency relative to L40/45 to 300. It would make the G-V upgrade seem more like a lottery win, because of its relative infrequency and how many other upgrade types are bypassed.

Please to not interpret this as "my frac is better than your frac," as I have no such intention here. As NJAower has correctly said, each frac has pros and cons. I'm very happy for each owner that has elected to use our service, and am grateful for their choice. I also know that the other fractionals have many satisfied customers/owners, because of the service they provide. Worthy competition!

Last edited:
Are you saying CS gives crap service? Might want to do a little research before you spill your @#$% about other companies.
Mr tough guy starts this pissing match with the THIRD response to the thread. Oh yeah...of course you knew what he was implying. You work for CS...You know it all.:rolleyes:

Gimmie a frickn break...your machismo is comical.:laugh:

FLEX,CS and NJA all provide a quality product....so yes, you get what you pay for!

Last edited:
Jon Jon -- why do you always attack on things you know nothing about.

How can catering be better at NJ than at FX or CS when in most cases caterers are the same and in others, owners can choose who they use? Maybe I can choose, but I have enough things to keep track of, I am not looking for in flight caterers. FACT #1: Out of New Jersey, on every one of my flights, NJA uses Rudy's; out of New Jersey on every one of my flights Flexjet uses Culinaire. FACT #2: From the west coast of Florida on every one of my flights NJA uses a caterer called Blue Parrot; from the same airports for everyone of my flights Flex used some other caterer.

FX doesn't "give real plates and metal" unless on the 604/605. This is the same as on NJA F/A aircraft. Why lie? FACT: On every one of my Flexjet flights (about 40-50) I have had real plates and metal eating utensils -- this includes flights on non F/A aircraft such as the Lear 40, Lear 45 and Lear 60.

GSXR600 -- BeeDubya has it correct. I have flown many, many times in SOvereigns, Citation X and Falcons. But landing a Gulfstream is different. BTW, of all of my flights on Flex I have only had one operational upgrade, from a Lear 40 to a 45 (not much of an upgrade).Generally, I think Flex is moving its planes around less so it generally has the right plane in the right place. My experience (as opoosed to JonJuan's actual experinece as a fractional owner) is that on day trips the FX tail stays with you, while on my day trips with NJA, the plane may do a few more trips and a different tail takes me home; a few times I have even had the same tail but it flew a few more segments between drop off and pick up.

Fly safe.

Last edited:
We all provide a good service. The only negative response I get from former NJ owners and I just flew one to mexico the other day, is how crappy the planes look on the inside. One thing I can say about CS, Flex, and Flight Ops. We don't wallk around with the god syndrome, like this sense of entitlement the NJ crews have. Bigger isn't always better unless you win a lottery. by the way, god help us all in the current situation our country is in.

Latest resources

Back