Netjets temp since the Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jrav8tor said:
How much OT do you guys average per week?

I'm a 1st year FNG at NetJets. Here are my numbers for year to date through todays pay day on FO pay:

Gross salary: 7,800
OT & Holiday pay: 1200

Now I'm a lazy sack and don't extend so the above pay is fairly representative of what you could expect at NJ first year.

FlyWest

flywest said:
I'm a 1st year FNG at NetJets. Here are my numbers for year to date through todays pay day on FO pay:

Now I'm a lazy sack and don't extend so the above pay is fairly representative of what you could expect at NJ first year.

FlyWest

So if that's through Feb., you are on par to make about 54k for the year. Not too shabby for a 1st FO. Hell that would be almost a 20K pay raise for me!

Lots and lots of flying! Very little sitting.

We have a saying at NetJets.

If you really want to fly, come to NetJets, we can cure you.

;)

Second year capt pay, just figured out if I stay on this average of extended days, holiday pay, and overtime I will gross about 95K. Not to bad since I am scheduled to make just under 62K.

A few more comments on hourly overtime at Netjets ..

On a normal day overtime starts after 12 hours, but does not extend beyond 14. Is it worth it to push the day to 12 hours just to get 1, or maybe 2 hours of overtime? No. Aviation is the only field I know where you have to work a day and a HALF before you earn overtime ...

Exceptions being first and last day of the tour.

On the first day - If you are required to report before 8am you receive overtime for all hours prior to 8 am and after NINE hours of duty. So if the company wants you to show at 5am and has you scheduled for a 12 hour day, you would receive overtime for 3 hours (5 to 8) and 3 hours (9 to 12). If your a five year captain thats 6 hours at $70 per hour ...

Now your last day. The company is required to get you home before midnight and within the limits of a 14 hour day. If they cannot, you have the option of staying on duty until they can get you home. (Plus - you earn overtime, minus - you have to buy your own hotel room)

There are two advantages here. First the company has a strong incentive to get you home as early as possible the next day because they are paying you overtime for every hour that they dont. Secondly they are paying you overtime for every hour that they don't ....

In addition they also pay 1 extended day (or two if you can convince them that your last day was unrealistically scheduled).

I hope that all makes sense.

I've been at NJA just under a year and for 2006 under the reserve system I'm doing even better than flywest so far. Here's the numbers since Jan. 1st up to my 3-3 pay statement:

Regular Pay: $8901
OT & Holiday: $1732

That's averaging 19% on top of regular pay. Flywest is averaging 15%.
I've worked 2 Holidays so far this year.
Now for 2005 on the old 17 day schedule I only averaged 10% but I worked very few holidays.

AirBear

flywest said:

FlyWest

gunfyter said:
I am at 50% over base. But I extended 5 days. an worked 4 holidays

I should have mentioned I've had no extended days at all, not even an after midnight arrival in the 9 or so months since I started IOE. This is probably a bit unusual.

For those checking out the NJA pay, I think 10% is a very conservative estimate for what you'll make over the base pay. I'm at 19% so far this year and I've bid my "H" days in April in such a way that I should fly both Good Friday and Easter Sunday, that'll add another $675 (2nd yr pay).

AirBear

Thanks to all for the detailed pay information!! It certainly helps all of us in the process of trying to join the team and we appreciate it!

Any info greatly appreciated...

Hello,
Sorry to go off-topic on ya'll but...

I am thinking of applying to NJ and would like some info regarding starting pay, initial working conditions, schedules, and the like. Any PM's addressing those topics or advise on searches will be hugely beneficial.
WE are going to have our first child in Aug and would like to make the move now if I'm going to jump. Looking for that last job, if you know what I mean...thanx in advance!

Latest resources

Back