NetJets TA Reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
You've already got a guy posting a thread saying he has interviews at CS and NJA that mentions the fact that upgrades will be slow and 5th yr. F.O. pay is "only 47k." Weren't they all on here telling us how hard it was for NJA to recruit ??

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=63886

This is good news - at least you are seeing progress and not continued stalling, etc. The big point is that recruiting for NJA should not be a problem if you pay competitive wages that provide newhires with wages exceeding starting wages elsewhere and reward loyalty (5 years out). Again, there are a lot of carriers hiring nowadays including JetBlue, AirTran, Continental, Fedex and UPS and high-time NJA pilots will be tempted to leave if conditions aren't competitive. This proposed TA is a step in the right direction. NJA should attract pilots vs. force existing pilots to look at alternatives and create an experience gap.

However, we still haven't heard much about Retro pay and the situation with NJI - let's not get blinded by this improved TA yet. The NJI issue is particularly tricky because the excuses for keeping NJI and NJA separate really don't hold much water given the NJE example - integration can be done and redundant infrastructure/overhead is a complete waste of cash... Santulli and Boisture should understand that. This is an emotional issue, but you simply can't let emotions cloud logical paths forward.

For what it's worth from a CMH cube dweller, congrats on the new TA. Alot of us are looking forward to starting 06 as a unified team.

is pay based on longevity vs going backwards like flops

does it slide you backward like I here flight options does?
5 yr fo once they make cap pay will it go to 90k or just to 1st year cap pay.???
What will it mean to ejm folks if anything. will they see a merger with them or flight options?

FamilyGuy said:
As I've stated numerous times on this board before, the union should be grateful for my contributions and insight as it points out the flaws in your arguments and keeps your negotiators from making points that are easily refuted.

Wow, you are one arrogant fool!!!

fracpt said:
does it slide you backward like I here flight options does?
5 yr fo once they make cap pay will it go to 90k or just to 1st year cap pay.???
What will it mean to ejm folks if anything. will they see a merger with them or flight options?

You would go to 5th year Captains wages. No sliding backward.

The only time you go back to a "Year 1" situation is if you go to the GIV/GV or BBJ. Their payscale is based on time in that particular seat but it's higher and as such you'd never see a paycut going to the Gs or BBJ as a PIC.

Can we clarify something - would the pay rates differ by aircraft type? For example, would a 5th year Captain on the X earn more than a 5th year Captain on the Ultra or Beechjet? Would a F2000 Captain with the same number of years as an Excel Captain earn the same amount under the proposed TA?

I would imagine that NJA management would want to keep the rates the same in order to reduce the urge to bid up for higher pay...

It looks like a good deal, as a Flight Opts pilots if Nj bought us with that deal I would go up in pay almost $ 20,000 considering years of service.

I am sure your TA will help us in our union drive.

My card is already on its way to ASAP !!!!!!!!

Good Work

Grizz said:
You would go to 5th year Captains wages. No sliding backward.

The only time you go back to a "Year 1" situation is if you go to the GIV/GV or BBJ. Their payscale is based on time in that particular seat but it's higher and as such you'd never see a paycut going to the Gs or BBJ as a PIC.

Griz, welcome back.

I guess all your comments moving forward are MEC sanctioned...right?

Nope, just my own thoughts and information that I can share. For the record - no one asked me to stop posting. I just felt with the tone of posts on FlightInfo, it was best if I didn't get involved in that mix. Now that the TA is done, I'll post over here occasionally to answer questions and such.

Latest resources

Back