Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
You have proved nothing.
In your eyes perhaps... But it remains a fact that AA has a 80% load factor and is still losing money...

The only thing you have proved is that you have a myopic view of the airline industry of which you are not a part of. You forgot things like loyalty to a carrier and airline miles. A person with a few million miles on AA is not going to fly on AWA just becuase the cost is a little less.
Like I said, some groups of people would still fly on American. That doesn't make my point that the load factors would be down any less true.

pilotyip said:
Whirlwind a voice of reason in a sea "What is in it for me" The old supply and demand keeps getting in the way want we would like the industry to be like.
Yea, that darn old free market thing kicking in... :)

A friend of mine flies for one of the small regionals, making about $1K per month. They are hiring and I was offered an interview which I turned down. I'm making twice that a month now flying corportate.

I don't knock those who would fly such jobs as my friend, that is their choice, but as long as the pay is that bad, I have no interest in doing so. If more pilots felt like I did, the pay would go up due to a lack of supply.

Fly safe!

Which one?

Lord Wakefield said:
Which one? The little one? It doesn't surprise me anywhere near as much as the idea of them running for re-election
The little one, I thought it was the gimp? Or was it the transgendered metrosexual?

Full of LUV said:
The little one, I thought it was the gimp? Or was it the transgendered (sic) metrosexual?
The Donny Osmond fancy boy with the expensive hand creams? Is that the guy that lives with his parents?

First, we will all see how great this works out. At this point, it has done nothing.

As to the management comments above, management does not work for the workers nor was that ever the objective. They are not there to serve the workers, they are there to serve the owners, either the public in a public company or individuals in a private one. It is the owners that they have to satisfy.

Netjets was created through very clever financing plans, a sense of the market, and a new an innovative approach to selling the product. Without them thinking up all this, you would not have jobs in the first place, nor will you continue them if they do not manage to keep the company ahead of the power curve.

You seem flush with the success of voting this down but what have you accomplished? The company mize well sit back and wait and see if you ever even figure out who is leading you.

Publishers, yes, time will tell. The company is in the cat-bird's seat. I mean, a pilot labor contract is still in place. Several concurrent events are underway: MEC Elections, Petition to remove the IBT, 284 local elections, and, the big one, Presidental elections. The fact is, if the White House changes hands, the plight of organized labor may change.

Given the outcome of the aforementioned events, the company will do well to wait and wait they will. No doubt a new MEC will be elected. That done, it will take them time to organize themselves and press on. How fast and hard the new MEC presses will depend in total on how interested the company is in talking.

As to the management comments above, management does not work for the workers nor was that ever the objective. They are not there to serve the workers, they are there to serve the owners, either the public in a public company or individuals in a private one. It is the owners that they have to satisfy.

Yes Mastah. You obviously have not read NUTZ.

If you want performance from your people... you look to their interests first. Thats what makes money for the company.

Publishers and King Tut:

As long I continue to fly for NetJets, I have two choices: fly under the current contract with its provisions or fly under a new contract with its provisions that is voted in. Given that simple choice, my vote went to continue to fly under the current contract. It was that simple of a choice. And 1439 other pilots agreed with me. What the future brings, not even wise men such as yourselves know. But I made the decision I needed to make on the day I needed to make it.

May you have the success you desire in all your future endeavors, gentlemen. Regards --

njwingman, nothing wrong with your decision and it certainly was your decision to make. And, as with all decisions you make, you must live with the circumstances and realities of that decision. If it goes well, then good on ya, if it goes bad, Oh Well. There will be other decisions to make but not soon.

I was certainly not saying that you do not look after the interest of your people but there should be no doubt as to who managers are serving.

you accomplish the results by utilizing the tools, resources, and people at your disposal through efficiency and motivation. Herb Kelleher was the best at doing those things. Your trouble is being a strong union company in an industry game that is strong non union. I have not seen that work very well.

Latest resources

Back