NetJets Stopped Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly2AK

According to airline pilot central hiring stopped. Anyone able to confirm? NetJets pilot hotline still says they are hiring pilot's or has the hotline been updated yet?

There may be a temporary stop. Training pipeline is really backed up right now.

Last I heard, we've hired 300 so far this year (almost half still waiting for a training date), and plan on hiring a total of 400 this year.

Then it sounds like 400 each year for at least the next several years.

Be sure to take note that in November they are switching to some sort of new hiring system. I have no details about it yet, except to say that ALL applications will be flushed from the system, and EVERYONE will need to reapply.

Good luck.

My guess, the hiring will stop or at least slow down (significantly) here in a few months.

A bit naive to believe oil prices, the US economy, and all the s**** that's going on in the world won't affect us. I hope it continues, the more numbers under me the better, but I defitnely see the trhust reverses starting to come out.

My guess, the hiring will stop or at least slow down (significantly) here in a few months.

A bit naive to believe oil prices, the US economy, and all the s**** that's going on in the world won't affect us. I hope it continues, the more numbers under me the better, but I defitnely see the trhust reverses starting to come out.

actually some of all this is driving more business in our direction,believe it or not !

no stop in hiring, no guess, and no joke... rich people still don't care they just spend money. hiring 400 is an estimate. more or less they just keep the training at red line and what ever they can send down the pipe is the end result.

On a good note, training is going to streamline recurrent and reduce sim sessions by one day. All told, this will free up considerable sim time to enable more initial training. That means faster hiring.

In spite of our efforts, we have been stuck near 2800 on the NJA side for quite some time. Attrition seems to be keeping pace with the inbound pipeline to some extent. The new training method will resolve some of this.

I really want to work at NJ but I have a couple of irons in the fire and although I am just a lowly recent phone interviewee, who knows how long this process could take from start to finish? Judging by what the April/May interview crowd has gone through, plus the massive backlog of people they have to work through, plus the change of leadership in pilot recruitment, plus the sims being all clogged up....one has to assume that, in the near term anyway, months and months from interview to sitting in class will be the rule and not the exception. Bottomline is if you have a sure deal at another job now, take it and worry about NJ later...when you have a firm class date offer in hand. Anything else is pie in the sky.

Thanks. I did the phone interview at the end of June and still waiting for the invite to CMH. I have a few irons in the fire as well, but I really want NJA to work for me. We will see what happens, I have reached the 3 week point since the phone interview.

Latest resources

Back