Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
Just wondering if there is any sort of email confirmation or anything I should expect after sending in my resume....or should I just wait and hope i get an application in the mail?

Nope, when I put my resume in back in June I didn't hear anything from them until the application package showed up in the mail about a week later. If you have someone recommending you internally, he can probably find out for you if they received it. I overnighted my resume and my buddy over there called the recruiting office the next afternoon and they told him that my app was already in the mail- so if you have someone helping you from the inside you might be able to get the same kind of info.

How things have changed in two years, thanks to the Strong Union.

Aug '05 I applied via climbto350.com, two days later application arrives in mail, mid Sep '05 I get an email saying that they never got my app back and asked if I got the application and if not that they would send another one right away.

Sent them the app and got the interview and class date within one month.

Last edited:
don't got anyone on the inside unfortunatly....I sent the resume via the email on the website.

Should i mail a copy in as well?

don't got anyone on the inside unfortunatly....I sent the resume via the email on the website.

Should i mail a copy in as well?

Shouldn't be necessary to snail-mail a resume. As others have said, wait a little while and see if you get a large envelope from NetJets. If you don't see one in 3 or 4 weeks, try sending another electronic resume.

By the way, do you meet the minimums? I'm guessing that you do, but I'm just asking because I saw your post in Avantair where you stated having 2300 TT. That may be an old total for you, but I just thought I'd ask.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be necessary to snail-mail a resume. As others have said, wait a little while and see if you get a large envelope from NetJets. If you don't see one in 3 or 4 weeks, try sending another electronic resume.

By the way, do you meet the minimums? I'm guessing that you do, but I'm just asking because I saw your post in Avantair where you stated having 2300 TT. That may be an old total for you, but I just thought I'd ask.

yup 2550TT, ATP, and all that other good stuff as well.

That avantair total was from when I sent my resume to them last fall.

That's what I thought was probably the case.

Hopefully you'll see an application package soon.

How strict are they on the instrument time. I am about 50 hours shy of the instrument total but i would like to apply there.

All NJA flight application minimums are set in stone due to contract, and insurance, requirements. Keep flying, and update your resume as soon as you meet the times needed. Good luck to you.

Just so everyone knows...I got this in the mail today.

NJA – the following pertains to NetJets Aviation only.
NJA is currently filling interview slots for positions open from our application pool.

If you receive this automatic reply, you can be assured that we got your email.
If you sent an attached resume, thank you. We prefer resumes sent via email.
Qualified resumes will be held on file for 3 months. If you would like to update your resume after 3 months, please write the word RESUME in the subject field of your email. Resumes should be text, pdf or MSWord readable documents. Do not ZIP or otherwise compress the file.
Unreadable attachments will be deleted.

Our Minimum Hiring Requirements are:
An FAA Airline Transport Pilot (MEL) certificate.
A current FAA first class medical certificate (issued within 6 months)
2,500 hours total pilot flight time. This does not include flight engineer or special crew time.
500 hours of fixed-wing multi-engine airplane time, turbine or piston, within these 2,500 hours. Rotary-wing multi-engine time is not counted toward these 500 hours.
250 hours of instrument flight time, actual or simulated.
Military Pilots may apply a 1.2 conversion factor to total military time (TT * 1.2) to meet the 2500 minimum.
Recent Flight Currency - if your resume shows that you have been inactive or unemployed (i.e. 6 months) please include how you are staying current (simulator time, BFR, IPC etc)

TO BE SELECTED, YOUR RESUME SHOULD CLEARLY SHOW THESE QUALIFICATIONS. Please update and resend your resume with any additional information to clarify this.

Applicants should be willing to start/end their tours of duty at one of the following domiciles: TEB, CMH, PBI, DAL or LAX.
Vacancies are domicile dependant. If you have (or do not have) a preference or limitation as to which domicile you would like to be assigned to please indicate that in you email/resume/application.

Application Process – must show verifiable employment history over the past ten years, with dates, which should include recent professional pilot experience. The provisions of the Pilot Record Improvement Act of 1996 are strictly followed in pursuing background checks, and will require applicants to complete release forms. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States.

We prefer some background with FAR part 91K, 121 or 135 operations. Applicants should possess outstanding basic airmanship skills and knowledge.

Due to the nature of our mission – providing an Exclusive Experience to our owners and passengers, applicants should also possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner.

Our interview process includes questions on FAR 135 and FAR 91K regulations and a raw data simulator evaluation. We recommend a thorough review prior to interview.
NJA currently hires all pilots as First Officers, we do not hire directly into the Boeing Business Jet fleet.

Pilots recently voted in new contract – a pdf copy is available at http://www.ibt1108.org/

Thanks for your interest in employment at NETJETS.
Please let us know if you have any questions.

ShowLetter

NETJETS Aviation Pilot Recruiting Team
www.netjets.com

Latest resources

Back