NetJets response from resume

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check the contract

I HIGHLY recommend that anybody interested in coming to NJA go to the union website and read the contract. There are a couple of gotchas that are causing many of the newhires to leave. Especially the domiciles. The interviewers are going to tell you that the company is going to open up domiciles, the union is keeping them for opening domiciles (bs), HBA for everyone, etc... YOU WILL BE PUT INTO ONE OF THE 5 DOMICILES. TEB, DAL, LAX, PBI, CMH.

Don't get me wrong. I love working at NJA. I just want the facts out there.

www.ibt1108.org

I HIGHLY recommend that anybody interested in coming to NJA go to the union website and read the contract. There are a couple of gotchas that are causing many of the newhires to leave. Especially the domiciles. The interviewers are going to tell you that the company is going to open up domiciles, the union is keeping them for opening domiciles (bs), HBA for everyone, etc... YOU WILL BE PUT INTO ONE OF THE 5 DOMICILES. TEB, DAL, LAX, PBI, CMH.

Don't get me wrong. I love working at NJA. I just want the facts out there.

www.ibt1108.org

What are you trying to say, it is stated on NJA website from the start about the 5 domiciles. As of the contract talking about it, the company can add any domiciles they want as long as they provide a 90 day notice. On top of all of this, I don't think the union would argue if the company approached them and told them they are giving everybody HBA's. Not likely to happen, but it is capable of happening.
Anyone going there now should know the chances that they might not add new domiciles. They may even keep the 5 domiciles throughout the next contract, most likely not going to happen but you just never know. Hey in the long run if the company decides not to add anymore domiciles is better news for everyone fighting it out. This would lead to more new hires leaving sooner, and the company would have a harder time hiring pilots. Eventually the company is in a spot that they will have to break and add more domiciles. The only thing that I truly think the company would be able to keep these 5 domiciles is to somehow get jumpseat privileges with most of the airlines.
I had enough for now i'm going back to my Mythbusters...

Dallas is home...but i'll get there via LA if i have to. I just want in.

Greygoose - do you ever read the union board? You might want to start, lots of good info and discussion there.

Photoflight - as long as you don't bitch about the commute, all aboard!

Greygoose - do you ever read the union board? You might want to start, lots of good info and discussion there.

Photoflight - as long as you don't bitch about the commute, all aboard!

nah...i'd live in socal. I actually like it there. Even though its expensive as fawk but i'd like the option to move back to DFW eventually.

What are you trying to say, it is stated on NJA website from the start about the 5 domiciles. As of the contract talking about it, the company can add any domiciles they want as long as they provide a 90 day notice. On top of all of this, I don't think the union would argue if the company approached them and told them they are giving everybody HBA's. Not likely to happen, but it is capable of happening.
Anyone going there now should know the chances that they might not add new domiciles. They may even keep the 5 domiciles throughout the next contract, most likely not going to happen but you just never know. Hey in the long run if the company decides not to add anymore domiciles is better news for everyone fighting it out. This would lead to more new hires leaving sooner, and the company would have a harder time hiring pilots. Eventually the company is in a spot that they will have to break and add more domiciles. The only thing that I truly think the company would be able to keep these 5 domiciles is to somehow get jumpseat privileges with most of the airlines.
I had enough for now i'm going back to my Mythbusters...

I am trying to say that NetJets needs pilots and it appears that they are telling applicants what they want to hear. All I was trying to say is that for the foreseeable future if you get hired at NetJets, you WILL be at one of the 5 domiciles.

I am very aware of what the contract says and that management CAN open domiciles at their leisure. I believe it is in their best interest to do so, but they are using this as a bargaining chip for the future. They are not going to give it up unless the personnel situation starts costing them owners.

Just wondering if there is any sort of email confirmation or anything I should expect after sending in my resume....or should I just wait and hope i get an application in the mail?

There is no doubt about it ! You will get an app in the mail ! At that point you will be instructed to send money to them for a interview at flight safety ! Flight Safety / Netjets all one and the same company ! Got you by the balls ! Great isn't it ? Pay for an interview my ass ! To get to wear an ugly yellow tie and little stripes on your shoulder !??? This business has gotten out of hand ! Pay to be interviewed !!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back