• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets posts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
better pay and better shcedules to be voted on before thankgiving. seems like it will pass. only bad thing is for the new guys won't be able to live where they like, only 5 bases. cmh, dal, ewr, lax, or pbi

BOOYA said:
better pay and better shcedules to be voted on before thankgiving. seems like it will pass. only bad thing is for the new guys won't be able to live where they like, only 5 bases. cmh, dal, ewr, lax, or pbi

Can you pick a base or is it assigned?

BOOYA said:

The domiciles after ratification will be CMH, DAL, LAX, PBI and TEB. EWR is pretty close to TEB - what's a few miles between friends, relatively speaking?

Capt. JD said:
Can you pick a base or is it assigned?

The TA says the company must state the domicile in the employment offer letter. The company assigns it. Will they take into account where a particular applicant lives or wishes to be based? Unknown.

Guitar Guy said:
The TA says the company must state the domicile in the employment offer letter. The company assigns it. Will they take into account where a particular applicant lives or wishes to be based? Unknown.

this is what I've heard, I believe you can bid another base when there is an opening

I haven't seen that in the TA anywhere.

13.2(b) Domicile Assignment
13.2(b)(i) All crewmembers hired after ratification of this Agreement shall report to a Domicile (or satellite airport when applicable) as directed by the Company, until such time as the crewmember is eligible to use a Home Base Airport. New hire Crewmembers must be informed no later than the official offer of employment which Domicile the Company will require each new hire to report for duty prior to employment.

The only way to change domiciles that I can find in the TA are 1) if the company adds a new domicile; 2) the company closes your domicile; or 3) you become senior enough to bid to a HBA.

Grizz said:
I haven't seen that in the TA anywhere.

13.2(b) Domicile Assignment
13.2(b)(i) All crewmembers hired after ratification of this Agreement shall report to a Domicile (or satellite airport when applicable) as directed by the Company, until such time as the crewmember is eligible to use a Home Base Airport. New hire Crewmembers must be informed no later than the official offer of employment which Domicile the Company will require each new hire to report for duty prior to employment.

The only way to change domiciles that I can find in the TA are 1) if the company adds a new domicile; 2) the company closes your domicile; or 3) you become senior enough to bid to a HBA.

ouch . . .

Latest resources

Back