NetJets Pilots get own local

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Publishers said:
Let's see, they replace one local for another and this is great for the entire industry? So far they have not accomplished anything.....

Let's see, a multi-craft, non-aviation local, drunk with dues from Netjets pilots, dumped for a trade specific local, run by pilots for pilots.
Sounds like a good start to me. But, that's just me and it's my job and life so I might be biased.

Last edited:
Let's see, they replace one local for another and this is great for the entire industry? So far they have not accomplished anything.....

Spoken with true ingnorance.

Local 284 has ruled the NetJets pilot group with tyrannical ineptitude. To date we have not been able to direct funds to necessary committees responsible for educating the pilot force, applying pressure to the company during negotiations or many other area.

Powell, Price, Wentz, the business agents and former MEC members have seen fit that NetJets pilots would never be taken seriously. From greivances to negotiations nothing has been taken care of.

Much has been accomplished. Will our QOL improve? Will our salaries improve? Time will tell on both the issues as well as many others but by becoming our own local we are finally command of our funds and our collective futures.

My point was to the individual who said this was "great news to everyone in the industry".

The new group will be judged just like the old one, by the quality of the contract agreement that they achieve. The pressure is on them to do better than the proposed TA.

Do I think you are better off not being in the old local. Absolutely. Of course, I think that the Teamsters is not the place for you anyway. You are unique in the industry and should have had a company union anyway.

As to the strike issue on the other thread, if the customers of this company only get a whiff that this could happen, they will abandon the ship. Not all but enough to seriously damage the future of Netjets.

Publishers said:
You are unique in the industry and should have had a company union anyway.

That would be an option if NetJets pilots were employed by a company managed with credibility and integrity. We are not.

Publishers said:
As to the strike issue on the other thread, if the customers of this company only get a whiff that this could happen, they will abandon the ship. Not all but enough to seriously damage the future of Netjets.

I guess that puts the monkey on those in charge of making decisions, doesn't it?

The owners of all but our GWiz aircraft know that 'their' pilots are represented by a Union and operate under a collective bargining argreement with NJA. The company has informed them that some of the mgt fee increases have been meant for our eventual pay increase. I have a good deal of respect for the people we fly and can't imagine they are so naive not to know this is a real possibility. Business is good, sales are strong in shares and the Marquis card. Were the consumer frightened I don't think we'd be selling off like we do.

Publishers said:

I can't really argue much against anything you said in that post. But what I am quoting above is Dead On.

Everybody understands that.... Nobody wants that. Thats why the company will get serious on pay once this becomes a possibility. We will become one big happy family again and all live happily ever after

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back