NetJets pilot negotiations update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Netjets

I left Netjets in 2000 because of the money! Good company and good people to fly with- excellent training also. Except I got tired of Santulli working our asses off while ripping off his own customers- All the while Teamsters not doing crap for us. So you have a choice as I did. Do something about it or leave.
Just my $.02cents. Fly safe Gents.

Webslinger, good move.

Good people, good company and good training dont help you pay the bills.

Where you at now?

SWA pay wages my ass!! When you fly with guys that are just happy to be flying jets all day and you hear b.s. like," I'd be fine with a 20% pay increase or I don't think it's realistic to have 100% retro" I'll believe it when I see it.. The sad thing is most NetJets Pilots don't quite understand how much leverage they have!!

another .02

about the schedule.... the 7/7 was used very efficiently by EJM when the 'float' existed. All 'line holders' had a 7/7 sched and all others had the flex which had 7 day tours and a minimum of a 5 day off period and a maximum of 17 days in any month (and they usually worked less days overall than line holders). It seemed to work out well for everyone, the only drawback for our flex people was that they did not know schedule for the following month until the 20th of the month before, but they were able to request certain days off the schedulers tried to work with them on that.

Its all the company working over the union. Do you really think any family man would actuially choose to be gone 7 days a time. Hell no. This 7/7 schedule is one of the most contentious items in the new contract. The company is making the union think it doesnt want it when in fact the company is just trying to make sure we dont ask for anything else.
Our union keeps telling us that the company is motivated to complete the contract yet they will always tell you that the company negotiators often show up completely unprepared. The company is in full control of the negotiation process, not the other way around. Its like throwing a ball with a dog, the dog will just go back for more, and more and more... eventually the dog will get tired but what will it do nothing, fall asleep. Were just getting the run around.
The sad part is if this contract actually came through, IMHO, this job could be just as good as a major. There are alot of factors to weigh and the money, no commuting, flying, etc. could make NJA a great career. As it stands now its just a steping stone like the regionals, except with rediculous mins for hire, and Santulli will probably try to keep it this way. I honestly hope I get to eat my words but lets not all hold our breath.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back