Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CE750Driver said:
UMMMM, im an ioe instructor, add 3000.

So 67,188 > 65,000. Add 10, 000 a year in OT here.

Still sad, but not year 11 pay at less than 65.
Not to be a nit picker, but we were talking base pay, no overtime, no instructor pay, etc... Just base 10 year pay...

Curious

Not trying to be a wise arse, but I am curious now what Falcon Capt. is making for comparison purposes?? And what sort of gig you are flying??

I think the 7 and 7 schedule would better than an airline schedule

How so?

We have pref bidding at my airline that allows us to customize our schedule as we see fit. It's a little too complicated to go into every detail, but basically you can construct your own schedule based on a multitude of parameters. If I want, say 10 days off in a row, I can probably get it (it might mean that I have to sacrafice something else, such as the quality of the trip pairing). Or if I want to fly the traditional 3 on, 4 off, I can do that too. I really enjoy the flexibility.

The point is...

every time a frac pilot is asked what he makes it goes like this..

"well....after overtime and perdiem (I pack PB&J sandwiches or eat at wendys) I make _ _ _ _ _"...

15 Yrs as Captain to make 95K. OUCH.

Hope that contract comes through and you guys get what you deserve.

Re: Curious

niteflyr said:
Not trying to be a wise arse, but I am curious now what Falcon Capt. is making for comparison purposes?? And what sort of gig you are flying??

I will tell you this... I am making WELL OVER the NJA 15 Year Captain pay... If that NJA pay scale kept increasing (beyond 15 years) I would be somewhere around a 21 year Captain)... I have only been here a tad over 7 years. We average 12-13 days per month of work & average 5-6 RON's per month.

We start our new hires somewhere around what a 10 Year NJA Captain is making.

Hope this helps for your comparison...

Clarifying,

The numbers posted by Griz are base pay only. One point I will add. 10 year captians will have 4 weeks vacation. Add this to a 7/7 cycle and that is 22 weeks of work a year. Not bad.

Time off is important.

many corp gig START with 4 weeks vacation.

Time off IS important, but who wants to wait to be a 10yr Capt to get it....

G200,

I can appreciate that. I made my choice to work at EJA, now NJA, a while back. I wanted to help build something. Was there a price? Yes . Do I get frustrated with the company? Yes. But this company affords me alot of time off every month, and I like that. It is important to me personally.

Do I want more money? Yes. Do I see my value different than management? Yes. NJA will not fit everyone as the airlines, corporate, or ________?

Happy Hunting!

I couldn't agree more. Time off is invaluable - its a large reason why I stayed corporate.

:) :)

Latest resources

Back