• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets, or Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"but you will be on call as they can call you 10 hours into your overnight and make you go to work..."

False, Not since 91K. They give you at least 10 hours off and cannot disturb your rest to change your show time. Life has been much improved with the new rules in effect.

Personally I like the varied destinations as much as anything, got sick of the EWR-LGA-JFK-ORD-SFO-LAX-DFW-ATL....SLC over and over in the 121 life. Definitely not for those that want to know where they will be and when they get there for each day, I have talked several people into not applying at NJA because I knew they couldn't handle that aspect.

Two very different worlds, just depends on which one you feel more comfortable in. And the new TA hopefully becoming a contract makes it all the better. If it should fail then help us all, this pilot group will become divided beyond repair. Already a lot of bickering amongst the ranks.

PS: Didn't mean to sound redundant but Seat 0A must have been typing at the same time....

Last edited:
niteflyr said:
"but you will be on call as they can call you 10 hours into your overnight and make you go to work..."

False, Not since 91K. They give you at least 10 hours off and cannot disturb your rest to change your show time. Life has been much improved with the new rules in effect.

Reread my post if you had a 18 hour overnight you can be called in earler after 10 hours. Either way it is 2 differently live styles and I have lived both I prefer the airlines to each there own

Chairman said:
Reread my post if you had a 18 hour overnight you can be called in earler after 10 hours. Either way it is 2 differently live styles and I have lived both I prefer the airlines to each there own

NOT AT NETJETS. If we have 18 hours schedules we get that. If they call 10 hours in then we get another 10 hours of rest. PLEASE know your facts.

I appoligize if I don't have my facts but that is by far the best rule from any 121/135/91 rest requirement. So it you have a 24 hour overnight and they call you 22 hours into the overnight you get another 10 hours. WOW you guys have it good.

Yes unlike the other fractional we are the only company that actually sticks to the 91k rules.

Before shutdown they have to give you your brief and show time for the next day. You are then not allowed to be contacted by the company during ANY of that time. If they screw up and call you ding ding ding you get another 10 hours. It happens once and a while. I love it when it does. Just tell them they broke your rest and roll back over in bed.

In my opinion 91k has made this job completely different. It's great now. No more 10hour phone calls.

be-400xpdriver said:
Yeah but they can get paid for more than flying. Example day one just a leg DEN-ICT. Only 1.1 hours flying but get paid 3.75hrs for working that day. So they might only fly 85 but get paid for 100 is what they other guy/gal was refering to.
You're right, but that's only if you have duty rigs. Most people I know in the regionals will average 85-90 hrs/month of pay, flying less than that, hence averaging 1000 hrs/yr of pay. Of course there are those who fly significantly more, and will make more money as a result - much like those who will be on the reserve schedule at NJA.

Ultra Grump said:
You're right, but that's only if you have duty rigs. Most people I know in the regionals will average 85-90 hrs/month of pay, flying less than that, hence averaging 1000 hrs/yr of pay. Of course there are those who fly significantly more, and will make more money as a result - much like those who will be on the reserve schedule at NJA.

Good point.

5 year NJA capt. reserve schedule (18 days a month) = 106,800

5 year NJA fo reserve schedule = 56,200

Latest resources

Back