Netjets new 91K rules are demeaning...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ghostrider64

If you are seriously considering coming to Netjets you better think again...we are now working under what the company believes to be 91K and everything has changed...You are either in rest or at work...Period...

WHat this means is they are making guys show up at 0 dark 30 to sit around FBO's (many of which are closed so early) to sit around and wait for a briefing that may or may not come....BTW no perdiem during this 14 hour wait...

If you don't believe me go to any of our larger bases FBO's early in the morning from now on and you'll see the glamorous life for real...

Morale for the company just went to an all time low...However resolve and support for SU just went way up....

Come with open eyes boys and if any of you take the job and start bitching you'll never touch the controls of my plane....If you come and understand it then you can fly the whole **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed tour...But I don't want to hear one word about how things should or shouldn't be...We are trapped...you have a choice...

You have the power

Sounds like management is showing you guys just what they think of you. Do yall realize just how much power you have in your shirt pocket.

Whip that ink dispenser out and cost the company 20 K for a charter. 50 to 75 % of you do it for a week, send the message about where the power really lies. I know Warren has lots of money and may just be looking for a tax rite off, so make sure he gets it. 150-200 mil in charter sell off just might get their attention.

Just a thought.

That's right...no per diem unless you are assigned duty away from the gateway....

We know we have power but they seem to be incapable of understanding how bad it's going to be...

If we start a duty day between 2300-0400 local time we have the option of refusing "flying duty" due to fatigue if total duty is to exceded 10 hours....add hypoglycemia to the mix due to no food and under the FARs we wont legally be capable of operating any flights....

The house of cards just started to do the slow breeze shuffle....

As an addition heard we had a net gain in January of pilots to the grand tune of 2....17 hired and 15 quit....

ghostrider64 said:
If you are seriously considering coming to Netjets you better think again...we are now working under what the company believes to be 91K and everything has changed...You are either in rest or at work...Period...

QUOTE]

Sounds like sitting airport ready-reserve at the airlines. Well, if the salary is the same and you have limits to duty beginning when the company requires you to show up at the airport, who cares where or how you're earning it after that? I mean, work is work and getting up early for work doesn't stop sucking just because you go fly, and since the aviation business doesn't stop just because the sun goes down, somebody ends up working the lousy hours whether you're there, at a major airline, or a Fortune 10 company.

On the up side, an early show means you'll be able to make happy hour at the end of the day.

No per diem for that duty time sucks though, you'll have to change that. The need to change the salary goes without saying.

Last edited:
ghostrider64 said:
If we start a duty day between 2300-0400 local time we have the option of refusing "flying duty" due to fatigue if total duty is to exceded 10 hours.QUOTE]

I've tried, but I can't figure out why you see this as a bad thing.

ghostrider64 said:
That's right...no per diem unless you are assigned duty away from the gateway....

We know we have power but they seem to be incapable of understanding how bad it's going to be...

If we start a duty day between 2300-0400 local time we have the option of refusing "flying duty" due to fatigue if total duty is to exceded 10 hours....add hypoglycemia to the mix due to no food and under the FARs we wont legally be capable of operating any flights....

The house of cards just started to do the slow breeze shuffle....

As an addition heard we had a net gain in January of pilots to the grand tune of 2....17 hired and 15 quit....

All this talk about doom and gloom and unity, but other than turning down your contract, you guys just seem to talk alot. Everybody has said it, why don't you guys just flex your strength as a team. I guess it sounds good, but in reality you'll never do it. I think everyones afraid of being the one kid who drops the book on the floor at 11:05 (btw, that was ALWAYS me).

I really feel for you guys. I see you all the time at the FBOs I go to and I always make a point of walking up and saying "good luck, we're all rooting for you" and I always feel like I'm getting a free ride, cause you guys REALLY do work your tails off.

Fractional pilots are a huge part of our industry and I hope you guys can make your situation livable.

Ace

I talked recently to a local GIV,GV operator the other day and their charter business is busy doing vender trips for Netjets.
They said something about Netjets aircraft having alot of light bulbs inopt and down for maintenance.

650 driver said:
I talked recently to a local GIV,GV operator the other day and their charter business is busy doing vender trips for Netjets.
They said something about Netjets aircraft having alot of light bulbs inopt and down for maintenance.

Maybe the guys on this board trying to talk NetJet pilots into a work slowdown are actually charter operators...

Ace

The only thing I have for charter is a 1999 GMC Jimmy.
I am just an out of work pilot that lost his part 91 job when the marketing guys with a large fractional company convinced my prior company they could save money and sell the company jet.

Latest resources

Back