NetJets letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

akhercs

Finally got a letter from NetJets but kinda concerned about the wording. Anyone else receive a letter from them that goes something like this;

"in receipt of your resume/application....... After careful review of your updated app packet we have elected not to offer you an interview appointment at this time."

I originally applied back in September, but never got a letter acknowledging receipt as most others did. I exceed all the mins and have talked to Derinda on the phone several times. I have letters on file from two relatively senior captains.

If anyone has received a letter from NetJets recently I would be interested to know if this is a standard format used to say your at the bottom of the pile.

akhercs,

I received "the letter" about 1 mo. ago. It stated "We have received your application and it has met our requirements for acceptance. Your application is on file for future interview selection." It then goes on to say "If an interview date does not become available within six months we'll send you an update form."

From what I read and hear from NetJet pilots the interviewing is slowing due to lack of aircraft. Looks like it's going to be a long wait.

Loomis,

Thanks for that info, sounds like you received the letter they typically send out when you first apply (the one I never got). I will not be holding my breath for a job at NetJets anytime soon. I have been looking for jobs on AEPS, mainly for something to maintain currency. It seems about 90 percent of the employers are looking for jet time or CFIs. Again thanks!

akhercs said:
Finally got a letter from NetJets but kinda concerned about the wording. Anyone else receive a letter from them that goes something like this;

"in receipt of your resume/application....... After careful review of your updated app packet we have elected not to offer you an interview appointment at this time."

I originally applied back in September, but never got a letter acknowledging receipt as most others did. I exceed all the mins and have talked to Derinda on the phone several times. I have letters on file from two relatively senior captains.

If anyone has received a letter from NetJets recently I would be interested to know if this is a standard format used to say your at the bottom of the pile.

I have a friend who received the same letter 2 weeks after I walked his package into recruiting. Basically I was told that this letter means, thanks but no thanks. Just like you, he was well above all the mins. Makes no sense to me!! Try again in 6 months with a new package.......thats what my friend has just done. Persistance will payoff eventually!

gump:rolleyes:

letter

Hey guys, persistance does pay off. I sent my stuff in the last part of Sept 01. Got the same letter sometime in Nov. At the time I had 2516 tt....just 16 hours over hiring minimums. On my way to the airport to jump off the rotating beacon, I called a friend of mine at NetJets and he told me not to jump yet. I sent an update in with him in March, got a letter shortly thereafter stating that I would be interviewed within 6 months. Got the interview 23/24May in Stl, and have since then been offered a job in the Excel starting in Aug..
Though it surely does suck to get that letter, it is not the kiss of death by any means. As the previous post says, persistance will pay off in the longrun....

good luck and keep trying.

IP

Thanks for the info fellas. I will keep plugging away at it. Unfortunately, I just retired and do not have much to change in my updates until I start flying again. But something will eventually work out, until then I will keep up the role of being Mr. Mom.

Latest resources

Back