• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets layoff now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
". If someone thinks that furloughs are not coming, I have some land for sale if they are interested.
If the business does not rebound in a reasonable amount of time ... I think there will be furloughs.

In the meantime we are working on reducing man-days to match demand by -- other means. Reduced schedules, buyouts, LOAs etc..

Lets see if they are enough to weather the storm until a recovery in the industry occurs....

Last edited:
I don't care who you are or who you work for. I hope the very best for the guys at NetJets. You guys raised the bar. We couldn't stand on our own to demand better here at Flex, and it wasn't until you guys did, that we saw improvement. Wishing bad will on anyone is just bad mojo, and making anybody any more uncomfortable in this economic climate just plain sucks. I have a wife and kid at home who I hope to support for the long term, and I know that most of us have the same obligations and fear for the future. There is'nt anything I can do to make this whole situation better for myself , or anyone else,for that matter. I wish I could. But spreading fear and disinformation is exactly what the higher ups like to see. An intimidated work force is plyable. Scared employes will do and agree to most sacrifices just to ensure their own personal security. If there is an impression that the ship is sinking, then all hands onboard for the bail-out. Enough with the cliches, you all know what I'm getting at. Now, more than ever is the time for us to join in solidarity. Stop the fear mongering.

Excellent post. This post should be made a sticky and put at the very top of the Fractional section. It's time to stand together and quit spreading the fear.

By the way, on day 6 of 7 tomorrow and there are 5 legs on my brief. I have flown every day this tour, minimum of 3 legs a day. I know it's Spring Break but actually the last 2 months have been steadily getting busier. Good to be working hard again!

NO ONE is in the business of paying people to do nothing for extended periods.

Actually, that's exactly what we're paid to do. Our owners bought their airplane shares, and still pay their monthly fees for those planes to be crewed and available when they need them. If they're flying less, so be it -- but when they call, there better be a plane and crew ready.

Indeed, just last night, I was one of the lucky crews on airport standby. We started in late afternoon, and didn't think anything was going on. Just before we expected to be shut off and sent to the hotel, we got a phone call: "Are you guys feeling alert enough for a flight to _____? An owner had a family emergency and needs to go right away."

That was it. With a single phone call, our owner was able to get on her airplane and go on her terms, precisely because of a crew doing "nothing." Nothing but wait for her call, that is.

Last edited:
"No furloughs at NetJets. The rumor is incorrect, completely false, and utter BS."

It wasn't long ago that some of the Netjets group were accusing Flexjet and others of believing propaganda and drinking the cool-aid. Every Net Jets crew that I come into contact with has been on standby half of their rotation. If someone thinks that furloughs are not coming, I have some land for sale if they are interested. NO ONE is in the business of paying people to do nothing for extended periods. If they are, Warren Buffet isn't going to be in the business of keeping them around to watch them bleed for the sake of a union contract.

Hey critter, I'm looking for some land. Is it on the coast, soon to be coastal, or in the middle of the country?

I'm also confused now as to who is the awesomest.

Last edited:
"No furloughs at NetJets. The rumor is incorrect, completely false, and utter BS."

It wasn't long ago that some of the Netjets group were accusing Flexjet and others of believing propaganda and drinking the cool-aid. Every Net Jets crew that I come into contact with has been on standby half of their rotation. If someone thinks that furloughs are not coming, I have some land for sale if they are interested. NO ONE is in the business of paying people to do nothing for extended periods. If they are, Warren Buffet isn't going to be in the business of keeping them around to watch them bleed for the sake of a union contract.
"Some of the NetJets folks" is not me. I wouldn't comment on something I know nothing about. I don't know what's going on at Flex, don't know a thing about your business model, and hope the best for all of you. Can you honestly say the same about us?

I might be drinking the kool-aid, but I don't think so. If the company did a furlough it is going to tie their hands too tight, and the cost of doing business would skyrocket. If you could see the bottom 200 on the seniority list you would see the logistics of getting the right people on the right airframes would be astronomical.

I hate seeing pilots struggleing, that's why I volunteer with our union to help. These times are harder than they have been for years and we need to stick together, help the out-of-work find jobs, and remind management what a well trained, happy, well fed, well rested, well paid pilot can do.

Actually, that's exactly what we're paid to do. Our owners bought their airplane shares, and still pay their monthly fees for those planes to be crewed and available when they need them. If they're flying less, so be it -- but when they call, there better be a plane and crew ready.

Indeed, just last night, I was one of the lucky crews on airport standby. We started in late afternoon, and didn't think anything was going on. Just before we expected to be shut off and sent to the hotel, we got a phone call: "Are you guys feeling alert enough for a flight to _____? An owner had a family emergency and needs to go right away."

That was it. With a single phone call, our owner was able to get on her airplane and go on her terms, precisely because of a crew doing "nothing." Nothing but wait for her call, that is.
Well said. They pay us to be AVAILABLE to fly.

Latest resources

Back