• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets layoff now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't care who you are or who you work for. I hope the very best for the guys at NetJets. You guys raised the bar. We couldn't stand on our own to demand better here at Flex, and it wasn't until you guys did, that we saw improvement. Wishing bad will on anyone is just bad mojo, and making anybody any more uncomfortable in this economic climate just plain sucks. I have a wife and kid at home who I hope to support for the long term, and I know that most of us have the same obligations and fear for the future. There is'nt anything I can do to make this whole situation better for myself , or anyone else,for that matter. I wish I could. But spreading fear and disinformation is exactly what the higher ups like to see. An intimidated work force is plyable. Scared employes will do and agree to most sacrifices just to ensure their own personal security. If there is an impression that the ship is sinking, then all hands onboard for the bail-out. Enough with the cliches, you all know what I'm getting at. Now, more than ever is the time for us to join in solidarity. Stop the fear mongering.

Would not if NJ is approaching a lay off, put everyone on a 7-7 schedule and not pay the extra for the 17-18 schedule prior to starting a lay off. I know there has been an increase in at home standby.

well if you guys are not laying off, the you have to agree you must me losing a ton of money. Surely you are losing owners, not flying as much, and are over staffed.

well gladly not yet. We're not losing money in the sence that you think we have less coming in than going out. But we are making less money, meaning we aint seeing 250 million per qtr in profit anymore.

Sticking your head in the sand and saying that furloughs can't happen is shortsighted and naive.
Sorry, I didn't mean to give that impression. Right now there are no plans to furlough. There are many things that would have to happen before they would resort to furloughs. I don't think it will come to that but it could if this lasts longer than expected. Anything is possible in aviation.

Good luck to all pilots and fly safe.

Would not if NJ is approaching a lay off, put everyone on a 7-7 schedule and not pay the extra for the 17-18 schedule prior to starting a lay off. I know there has been an increase in at home standby.
The union and the company are cooperating to reduce man-days to more closely match demand. We don't know any details yet. They said no concessions so I think that means voluntary measures like BuyOuts or LOAs.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish layoffs on anyone and I don't wish nj to fail, contrary to what some of you say.
What I do wish for is for some courtesy in the FBO's from you guys. I don't need to hear, "So, I hear you guys are laying off". Instead it would be nice to hear a "how are you doing" or "whats up" before you stab me with the 'you're laying off and we're not' talk.

I don't need to hear, "So, I hear you guys are laying off".

Uhh... Art? That's exactly what you did here: "Just talked to a buddy at NJ and he says he's hearing you guys are going to layoff now."

Instead it would be nice to hear a "how are you doing" or "whats up" before you stab me with the 'you're laying off and we're not' talk.
That's exactly how I'd talk to you, and I wouldn't even mention a layoff. I have very good friends from both Flex and Options who are out of work right now. It's not a topic I bring up.

On a completely different topic, if you guys have an internal message board or something, you might want to remind your folks not to leave their brief sheets lying around the FBO. (I'll omit the details; I don't want to get anybody in trouble.)

Latest resources

Back