• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets jumpseat agreements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, that's true regarding the recip agreements. This may be a stupid question, but how would you guys get home, if you finish a trip in, say, Portland for example, and you happen to live in a different city. Would they airline you home, or expect you to flip the bill for your own ticket.

Sol,

NetJets has gateway cities. We start and end a tour in one of those cities. We are free to use any of them we wish. Mine is IAD even though I live about 30 minutes from PHL because neither PHL nor BWI is on the current gateway list. If I finish my last company leg out in Seattle, the company flys me back to IAD on a commercial flight. Thus Deisel's comment about the miles. Most frac guys earn a number of free tickets each year with the miles they accumulate.

apcooper said:
Which airlines does NJ have jumpseat agreements with?

None that I'm aware of. When I flew for Great Lakes, we'd carry frac pilots on our "jumpseats". Of course, it wasn't that we were hoping for reciprocity, instead it was a chance for a lowly regional guy to make contact with and get info from someone at a place we might wish to work.

Grizz said:
How many does FLOPS have?

FLOPS has an "official" agreement with AirTran. We had an "official" agreement with Southwest until some smart azz putz ruined it for everyone pre-911.

minimums said:
FLOPS has an "official" agreement with AirTran. We had an "official" agreement with Southwest until some smart azz putz ruined it for everyone pre-911.
Wow, can you post a copy of it here for us to read?

now why do you really need to read an offical copy. I jump on Airtran a lot, and yes we are on their list in the cockpit, so please we don't need to do a lot of advertising that we have a recip aggrement with them. I just don't want to kill a good thing, that a lot of us use. Thanks

I jump on Airtran fairly often, and SWA now and then. I've been allowed on Delta, United, and AA as well.... Of course, as fractional pilots, we are not allowed to use the cockpit jumpseats(though, I don't think any company allows any pilot from any airline other than their own use them, either). We used to be able to, pre 9-11.

I know that ASA will allow just about anybody to jumpseat. I use Airtran mainly because of the locations I'm jumpseating between...they do many nonstops per day.

At FLOPS we can't reciprocate any more than any other fractional, but I have...ONCE...had a "jumpseater". It was a SWA guy I met on the hotel van when heading to the FBO in the morning(he was heading to the terminal to JS home). We were in OAK, and he was going to PHX....so were we. I called dispatch, got the OK from the PM, and he was listed on the manifest as "Jumpseater, Mr".

CE750Driver said:
There is one formal agreement with Commuteair. It was announced about a year and a half ago if I remember correctly.
We also have a formal agreement with TransMeridian.

If anyone is interested, I may be able to shed a little more light on the Netjets jumpseating "agreements", or lack thereof. A few years ago I was on our jumpseating committee. We were charged with the task of getting as many airlines as possible to put us on their jumpseat lists. I was assigned the freight operators.

The results? Almost every airline and freight operator out there was willing to put us on their list. And they were aware that we, in reality, wouldn't be able to reciprocate much because of the nature of our schedule. Still, for the most part, all they wanted was a letter from our chief pilot agreeing to the reciprocal jumpseat. Easy.

But maybe not. After talking with the airlines, we then had to approach Netjets with the proposed agreements. Santulli's answer: NO! Why not, we asked. Because, says he, since the planes are actually owned by people other than Netjets, we'd have to approach each and every owner and ask permission to let some stranger ride their plane for free, the same plane which we charge them to ride around in.

Hmm. Sounds like a good response from ol' Santulli. Except for one thing. Our written company policy (now the FOM) already said we could take anyone we wanted on an empty leg, all we needed was program manager approval. Heck, I had given friends a ride a few times. We were already letting people ride free on the planes. It was WRITTEN POLICY. And no owners were complaining.

So to finish this story up, no matter how much logic we applied, including bringing our current company policy to Santulli's attention, he wouldn't budge. No jumpseat agreements for Netjets pilots. As I said, most of the airlines were willing to do this, even knowing we wouldn't be able to reciprocate much. It was NETJETS that shut the program down.

Take it for what it's worth.

Latest resources

Back