NetJets is Hiring, post from Climbto350.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fracster said:
Hey dumba$$, I mean, Familyguy.... Cmon now moron, explain all this. Some one needs to take you behind the woodshed.

I would like to volunteer....

Moisture briefed another recurrent class yesterday about "the state of the company". He quickly digressed from current events to spewing info about the companies latest offer to the Union.

His speech was nothing more than a threat sandwich with two fat slices of guilt on either side of it.

"We need to make a decision soon or we will enter a very difficult period in the companies history". THREAT

"There are a total of 4000 employees that you all need to think of." GUILT

"Let us know if you want to get this thing done. (pause) If you don't want to get this thing done, let us know that too." THREAT

If I were in that class I would have a hard time not laughing.

The only thing that has changed in the last year with this guy is the size of his belly. He got fatter.

The facts remain the same.

A 26% raise ends up being a COLA raise. Period. Nothing more.

This pilot group aint buying what Worth is trying to sell.

ThinAir said:
Let's see... a 23% pay increase. I believe this contract is already 8 years old with no COLA. What's the COLA index... about 4% per year?

Let see if my math is correct.... 8 Years X 4% = 32% loss. Let's add your rediculous 23% (where you came up with this number... who knows.)

Hmmm... this gives us a net loss of 9%...

Find me an NJA pilot thats gonna settle for this!!!!! Unless one just got out of high school.

Then again...seeing as how NJA can't hire anyone... this is what it may come down to.

Maybe NJA should start sending recruiters to high schools. Hell... it worked for the military.

Cost of Living Adjustments since the contract became amendable:

YEAR......COLA
2001......2.6%
2002......1.4%
2003......2.1%
2004......2.7%
Total......8.8%

Source: Social Security Administration
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/colaseries.html

Ultra Grump said:
I'm curious how we can average between anything. If we make between $50,000 and $72,000, I can see it. But an average is one number, not 22,000.

Good question....why dont you ask your union leaders? They were the ones that quoted those figures to the Columbus Dispatch on April 30, 2005.

FLYLOW22 said:
Moisture briefed another recurrent class yesterday about "the state of the company". He quickly digressed from current events to spewing info about the companies latest offer to the Union. Quit the name calling; do you realize how childish it sounds? That is not the image we want to reflect and you are a reflection on the rest of us who are out there trying to handle this as professionals.

His speech was nothing more than a threat sandwich with two fat slices of guilt on either side of it.

"We need to make a decision soon or we will enter a very difficult period in the companies history". THREAT
This is not a THREAT, this is a fact; doesn't take a 4.0 to figure that one out. Quit making it something it is not.

"There are a total of 4000 employees that you all need to think of." GUILT
This too is a fact, a fact that we all need to take into consideration whether we like it or not; Maybe the guilt is coming from your subconscious.

"Let us know if you want to get this thing done. (pause) If you don't want to get this thing done, let us know that too." THREAT
He can't win for losing. I sat through this recurrent class and did not feel any of the things that you did, so unless you are stating the facts you need to keep your negative potstirring thoughts to yourself.

If I were in that class I would have a hard time not laughing.
Laughing about what? The fact that this company needs to get this resolved quickly for all involved or WE WILL BE IN A DIFFICULT TIME?? For some of us this is our livlihood, quit making it your game of ego.

The only thing that has changed in the last year with this guy is the size of his belly. He got fatter.
Is this really relevant? What do you hope to accomplish with comments like that? That is exactly the behavior I was talking about that makes the rest of us look bad. Keep your freakin' 12 year old comments to yourself. :mad: Tell you what, when you go through recurrent next and are holding back that laughter..man up..speak up and tell him that you think he has gotten fatter. I think that the only kind of sandwich you would have to worry about at that time would be the knuckle sandwich not the guilt sandwich.
The facts remain the same.

A 26% raise ends up being a COLA raise. Period. Nothing more.
At some point we need to fish or cut bait.

This pilot group aint buying what Worth is trying to sell
Again, you are making this about the who instead of the what. .

In plain English...we are going to have to work together to get this resolved, so keep the name calling and put downs out of it; no person deserves that no matter what the circumstance. I would say the same thing if someone were bashing you.

Latest resources

Back