NetJets Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Familyguy :

Now, if you want to talk about tap-dancing....I noticed you tip-toed around my points and didnt even try to rebut the facts that the union supporters on this board are regularly engaging in profanity, personal attacks, belittlement...you name it. Nice double standard you have there.

We're just following the example set by BB and GH during negotiations. They regularly drop F bombs in front of our team. Shocking!

CMHTroll said:
A Raise? I thought your raises were built in. Year 2, 3, 4,... 10? The issue is with your base that does need to adjusted to meet inflation. And then by your argument we should be able to adjust your base and leave it at that.
I know you were on the other thread where I addressed this exact issue, because you posted after I did, but here it is again since you seem to have trouble comprehending the first time around:

Ultra Grump said:
Actually, Cost-of-Living is NOT included in the current CBA. If it were, there would be the payscale we have now (YOS = Year of Signing), and several others that are for YOS+1, YOS+2, YOS+3, which would include a Cost of Living increase. This is the way it's done at airlines, and I was floored when I got here and saw we didn't have it. Stupid in my opinion. So a pilot (any seat, any year of service) in 1998 had SIGNIFICANTLY more buying power than a pilot today with the same seat/year.

So for example, a 5th year captain in 1998 made $60984. A 5th year captain in 2001 still made $60984. A 5th year captain in 2005 makes $60984. If the 1998 pilot bought something for $1000, for the 2001 pilot to buy the same item should have cost $1088. For the 2005 pilot to buy that item, it should cost $1157 or more, since there is no data on the actual 2005 COLA. So no, there has been no COLA on our rates, and yes, ALL the time covered by the CBA is affected by Cost of Living increases.
Make sense now? If not, maybe you should go back and re-take 3rd grade math. And reading.

Latest resources

Back