Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Virgin

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading most of what is on here. It takes time to find what you are looking for but if you look carefully you can find it. Thanks for all the posts that provide good and useful information.

After careful research and contemplation I have decided to pursue NJI as a place to hopefully retire with. I was wondering if there are any NJI pilots out there that could share any information or even help guide me in the right direction. I have been working at Comair for almost eight years now and am a little bit out of the loop in regards to fractional flying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please post here or PM me if you wish. If possible, I would prefer the latter.

My thanks in advance.

The Gulfstream Type and 500 hrs are only preferred. It is possible to get on without those, however, it would help. The most important thing I have noticed is that a letter of recommendation from an employee is crucial. So if you know anyone, ask for it. We have a few ex-comair guys maybe you know. Follow the link from 'been-there'.

It's a great place to work and I highly recommend it.

Good Luck

I don't have a Gulfstream type.

Just about all of my 7200 hours are on the CL-65. Been flying it for about 8 years now, 6 years as a Captain about 4100 hours PIC in the CL-65. Embry-Riddle graduate from Daytona Beach, with a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Science. I am 34 years old. Hopefully they can get passed the "no time on the Gulfstream or no type on the Gulfstream" issue. Maybe they will give me a chance, NJI really does seem like a place for me.

As far as the recommendation letter from a NJI employee, well I don't know anyone I am afraid.

Again any help is appreciated gents.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Last edited:
Virgin said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading most of what is on here. It takes time to find what you are looking for but if you look carefully you can find it. Thanks for all the posts that provide good and useful information.

After careful research and contemplation I have decided to pursue NJI as a place to hopefully retire with. I was wondering if there are any NJI pilots out there that could share any information or even help guide me in the right direction. I have been working at Comair for almost eight years now and am a little bit out of the loop in regards to fractional flying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please post here or PM me if you wish. If possible, I would prefer the latter.

My thanks in advance.

Why dont you just save yourself some trouble and try NJA. It will save you from being stapled to the bottom in about 3 years!

Don't listen to those "opinions" on what they "think" will happen to our pilot groups. It's all speculation, and yes NJI is hiring. I heard they are doing more interviews in March to go along with the first batch of NJA guys coming over for the June A/C delivery.

Virgin said:
I have been working at Comair for almost eight years now

I believe we've filled the CMR quota for the year...

4 is the limit.

Just Joking. All kidding aside I would expect to see new hires into NJI from outside the NJA LOA to be "highly qualified" pilots. Every NJA pilot coming over will require a type and a fair amount of the FO's will need international experience as well, no big deal. However, NJI has always hired a mix of experienced/not-so-experienced pilots to keep the mix set. So, the other 1/2 of all newhires coming into NJI will most likely be your ex-corporate/military pilots with Gulfstream time. Of course I dont make any of these decisions, so I might be blowing smoke.

wolfpack - If NJI is looking for "highly qualified pilot" then they missed the boat with you. Ha, kidding buddy. You done with GV school yet?

Latest resources

Back