• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

InstructorPuke

Jester's Dead!!
Hello again,

Quick question. What is the name/web address for the company that writes the medical/dental/optical insurance for NetJets pilots. I have yet to get my paperwork and just wanted to check the list of Docs that are on the policy. Thanks in advance....

Peace out
IP

Depends on which insurance

I went with the company paid insurance which I guess is new this year. It is through Aetna and you can look at the list of docs on their website, I believe it is www.aetna.com or you can call the benefits dept at NJA and they can send you any info you need.

I don't know much abou the union insurance, it was through Benefits Administrators in Columbus, and they were supposed to be getting a new program very similar to Aetna, not sure if it has happened yet.

Have you been to Indoc yet?
In Indoc they should hand out all the info on the Medical and Dental plans-including Cards for both.
I think Medical is 90%/10% coverage now-as of 1 April--someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Medical is www.medmutual.com
Vision only is www.mmoh.com
Dental is 1800 541-7846

You will probably need the group plan numbers though-and I can't give those out here.
Also-new Netjets pilots register on the NetJets Pilot Message Board-allot of your questions can be answered there-and allot of good info is put out. www.ejapilots.com

Fly Safe
Chuck

Thanks

Hey thanks guys, found what I was looking for. Go to Indoc on 12Aug and I know that they will give us all the stuff we need for the coverage but just wanted to see if our current doctors were on the plan. Wife's doc isnt, but kids pediatrician is. Looks like a descent policy though.

thanks again

ip

there are actually two plans for pilots - both are 100% paid:

union sponsored is through medical mutual (www.mmoh.com). i'm told by out-of-state guys that it's difficult to find participating doctors in some areas. $10 doctor visit copay, $5 generic/$15 name-brand prescriptions, pays 90% on claims instead of 80% if your doc is in the plan, if not, they pay 80%.

co-sponsored plan is through aetna. once again, most new-hires tell me that since they don't live near ohio, this is a better plan since they can find more participating doctors.

representatives from both plans will give presentations during indoc - you make the choice.

you can only change plans (contractually) if you have a "life-altering" event such as marriage/divorce, birth/death, "significant" move (across the country, not the city). during indoc, co reps will say you can never change, but it's in the contract, you can.

Just to back up what Bizjet 737 posted--I just got off the phone with the benefits dept-and until January of this year pilots had to pay out of pocket for some items in the Aetna plan and did not have to pay for the same items with the Medical Mutual Plan.
You have to elect within the first 30 days of employment which plan you want to go with and then you cannot change unless as previously posted you have a life altering event-although there is hope-the benefits person did tell me they might have an open enrollment later this year where people could switch from one plan to the other(since there have been so many changes)-I am sure once I originally heard that we had to pay for Aetna and not Med Mutual I tuned everything else out-but as Bizjet 737 said Aetna is better for out of state people-especially now that the company is picking up the previously un-paid for expenses.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Latest resources

Back