Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets IBB 18 day schedule, 4 on 3 off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My head hurts!!!!!! Can't we all just do 7 and 7 and call it a day?

No we cant.

Scheduling cannot be efficient with everyone on 7&7.

Reason: If demand were level day by day we could do it. No FIXED schedule like 7&7 can place manpower on the days when demand is highest.

What is needed is 7&7 to cover the minimum demand days... then a PBS, Reserve, Flex or some other type of schedule to place manpower to match demand.

If your seniority could hold 4 on 3 off (which works out to 18 on and 12 off in a 30 day month) will NJA scheduling allow it?
That way only 3 nites a week in a hotel and 4 with my wife.

I've been on the reserve schedule for almost 2 years now. I can count the number of tours 5 days and less on the fingers of one hand. With the cost of the airline tickets it's just not cost effective to do shorter tours. The only exception is when they're short staffed and have no choice. I once did a 2 day tour . I airlined to HPN on day one, sat hot spare for 4 hours then went to the hotel and airlined home the next morning. They spent almost $1000 on airfare and hotel for me to sit spare for just 4 hours. That's why they don't like short tours. And the reserve schedule will be replaced by the 18 day fixed schedule if the IBB passes. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 18 day sched consist of 3 six day tours.

AirBear

No we cant.

Scheduling cannot be efficient with everyone on 7&7.

Reason: If demand were level day by day we could do it. No FIXED schedule like 7&7 can place manpower on the days when demand is highest.

What is needed is 7&7 to cover the minimum demand days... then a PBS, Reserve, Flex or some other type of schedule to place manpower to match demand.
Actually they could be quite efficient with everyone on 7/7 but it requires having more than just two days a week as start days, and those don't even line up. An overlap of one day would allow last crew to work morning of last day and new crew can airline to meet the plane and continue on in the afternoon. But they won't think it through.

Been there Done that,You want no part of a 6/4.
How many years have you guys been doing the 7/7, why doesnt it work now?

It works fine, and the majority of our pilots are on it. The 18-day is an optional schedule that lets you work more days for more money.

Yep up to 90% of our pilots can be on 7/7 if they want it, whether or not IBB passes.

I think we should have a 5 on/5off schedule, with this schedule we would still work 15 days out of a 30 days calendar month.
Maybe in 20013.

Latest resources

Back