• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[Btw I was offered the 400XP on Jan 8 or the 800XP on Feb 5, and took the latter. Good luck![/quote]

Did they tell you if you are in the collins or the honeywell?

Interview cost?

Read on aviationinterviews.com that there is a $400 cost for the sim ride. True or not? Everything else seems straight forward. Thanks for taking your time to post your experience.

At the rate they NEED to hire, they will hire all applicants if they meet the standards.

Working here can be VERY demanding... the interview is a test of knowledge, personal reaction to scenario based role playing and basic airmanship.

If an applicant is not percieved as being able to fly a jet like a pro in various types of airspace and airports, talk about interesting and mundain symbology on an L-Chart/describe Archie Trammell theory and deal with all of the unplanned and unexpected things that just come up during the day fo a NetJetter... they will get the letter.

I was pulling your leg on the Archie Trammell stuff. He's just plain wrong! OR is it plane wrong? ;) I couldn't stay awake myself.

The big think is how will the applicant deal with simple changes to the day like... oops, no more LAX tonight, we are going to end up in MKE. The problems get more awesome from there and the WAY that an applicant deals with the situation many times is more important than the end result of the action taken.

Many times it's about attitude, resourcefulness and professionalism.

There are many ways to say no without saying no while leaving the owner feeling as if they heard yes... or better yet can't even remember the original question. A smile goes a LONG way.

The biggest obstacle for many applicants is adjusting from a current/former employer that centered around NOT spending money on customer satisfaction no matter what. NetJets is NOT that company. They will make very generous attempts to satisfy an Owner, in my opinion.

If the nav light is out and the MEL says no flying at night and it's dusk... guess what? No flying for you. The company will get another plane sent in to accomodate the trip. That's the beauty of having over 600 hulls under the control of the company.

An applicant must be think outside of the box while never compromising safety and simultaneously meeting or exceeding owner expectations. It's tough... and takes effort. I love the job though.

It beats flying the "spider web" back and forth, to and from.. with the same crew all month...

Every day is different.

Whatever you're reading must be very old, NetJets hasn't charged anything for the interview in years. Here is some of the recent gouge, there are more but looks like you have to pay to get it.

Date of interview: November 18, 2006 Date interview was submitted: October 21, 2006 Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes Total flight time: 7000 PIC flight time: 5500 PIC TURBINE flight time: 3500 Instrument flight time: 1700 Total multi engine flight time: 6200 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? yes How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 4 Are you a CFI? no Are you a CFII? no Are you a MEI? no Are you an ATP? yes Did you complete the ATP written? no Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? no How long after you sent your resume were you called? 12 weeks Do you have a college degree? 4 year Do you have a military background? no What is your current job? 121 What is your age? 35 What aircraft were you assigned? excel, If you were hired what is your training date? November 07, 2006

Interview experience:
All the other stuff on this sight is dead on!

Date of interview: November 02, 2006 Date interview was submitted: November 20, 2006 Were you hired as a result of this interview? waiting to hear Total flight time: 6645 PIC flight time: 2267 PIC TURBINE flight time: 266 Instrument flight time: 1040 Total multi engine flight time: 5438 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? no How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 2 Are you a CFI? yes Are you a CFII? yes Are you a MEI? yes Are you an ATP? yes Did you complete the ATP written? yes Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? no How long after you sent your resume were you called? 10 weeks Do you have a college degree? no Do you have a military background? yes What is your current job? 121 What is your age? 47 What aircraft were you assigned? N/A If you were hired what is your training date?

Interview experience:
Everything before was right on. Derinda, Jerry, Joel and Lenny were all great people. They made you feel like part of the family right at the beginning. There is really not too much more to add. Nothing more was added than what has already been recorded. With that said, I took some of the questions above and answered them according to my company specs in order to give something; however, pop in your specs and go for it. Technical Questions: 1) What engines does your current a/c have? (CF34-3B1 high bypass turbofan engines flat rated for normal take-off with 8729 thrust pounds per engine and APR at 9220 thrust pounds per engine. 2) What is MMO in your a/c? (.85) 3) What is VMO in your a/c? (335) 4) What is the definition of V2? (Take-off safety speed, a speed that will ensure that single-engine climb performance can be achieved) 5) What is your aircrafts: -service ceiling (41000, restricted to 37000 by company policy) -TO weight (53000lbs) -Landing Weight (47000lbs) 6) What is your autopilot like? (The autopilot is a two-axis, digital, fail-passive autopilot. Autopilot servos provide command inputs to the ailerons and elevators. The rudder is controlled by the yaw damper system.)(Fail passive means will not cause significant displacement of the aircraft from its flight path) 7) If you had to choose, would you rather take off from a high altitude airport or an airport at well above standard temperature? Why? (High altitude)(Runways are of sufficient length due in part to altitude, whereas above standard temperature leads most often to a no-go decision do to performance limitations brought on by lack of sufficient runway length.) 8) What does your company op specs say about take-off minimums? (Take-off minimums are defined as 1 statute mile or 5000 feet RVR for 2 engines or less or 2400 RVR for aircraft having more than 2 engines.) 9) If you are using lower than standard take off minimums, what other considerations do you have? (They were looking for departure alternate requirements) (Take-off alternate airport no greater than 200 nm) 10) If you line up on the runway and can only see three centerline stripes, what is the visibility? (520 feet to 640 feet with RVR around 600)(the strips are 120ft in length with 80ft spacing. The runway edge lights are 200ft spacing. The runway center line lights are at 50ft spacing.) 11) What weather is required at your alternate? (add 400 + 1 to the lowest landing minimum for non-precision or 200 + ½ to the highest precision minimum) 12) Multiple questions on runway lighting. 13) What is the wind shear procedure in your aircraft? (Set max thrust, ensure spoilers in, pitch to the AMI alpha margin indicator/stick shaker, no configuration changes until clear of wind shear/1500 feet AGL, call out all deviations indicating decrease in performance or increasing performance.) 14) Do you have EGPWS? (Yes) 15) Do you have GPWS? (No) 16) What is holding speed at 11,000? (230) 17) You are flying in Class B airspace and want to land at a Class D Airport that underlies it. Can you cancel IFR and land there? (Only in VFR conditions and clear of clouds) 18) Will you be able to transition to glass easily? (Yes) 19) What are vortex generators? Where would you find them on the wing? Why? (A low aspect ration airfoil connected to the upper surface of a wing, both sides of a vertical stabilizer and upper/lower surface of the horizontal stabilizer to; while on the wings increase high speed characteristics and on the empennage, improve low-speed characteristics.) CRM Questions: 1) Does your company have a CRM program? What do you think about it? 2) What is a weak area about your company’s CRM procedures? 3) Who calls out DH at your company, the PF or the PNF? Why? (the PF because my eyes are scanning outside for visual references in order to continue the descent to landing.) 4) How would you improve CRM at your company? (by utilizing the ASAP program and making the training department aware of any problems that may occur on line in hopes of increasing pilot awareness.) 5) What does your company consider a stabilized approach? (Aligned with the runway center line by 1000 feet, established approach speed by 1000 feet, appropriate configuration and sink rate no greater than 1000 feet per minute within 1000 feet.)(However, S-Turns on final for spacing can be used provided the aircraft is greater than 500 feet.) 6) What does your pre departure briefing consist of? I'm still waiting to hear. I hope good news will arrive in about 8 days. Good luck!

Last edited:
Date of interview: October 19, 2006 Date interview was submitted: October 28, 2006 Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes Total flight time: 3400 PIC flight time: 2200 PIC TURBINE flight time: 1400 Instrument flight time: 350 Total multi engine flight time: 1100 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? yes How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 0 Are you a CFI? yes Are you a CFII? yes Are you a MEI? yes Are you an ATP? yes Did you complete the ATP written? yes Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? no How long after you sent your resume were you called? 24 weeks Do you have a college degree? 4 year Do you have a military background? no What is your current job? 135 What is your age? 27 What aircraft were you assigned? Don't If you were hired what is your training date? November 15, 2006

Interview experience:
Overall- Briefing and tour are a great soft sell on the company. If you haven’t seen the facilities before you will be impressed. Back to the hotel afterward to make a plan with your sim partner. They don’t care what callouts you use. The sim isn’t about standardization it’s about communication. Just come up with what works for you guys. Then get some sleep. I was a little surprised at the interview. I had prepped for mostly customer service questions and about 85% of my interview was technical. That may have been because my particular interview was conducted by two line pilots. There were no HR people in my interview. It felt more like a checkride oral, which was fine because none of the questions were unfair or unreasonable, but it did put me a bit on the defensive and I left fearing that they had not gotten much of a chance to get to know me. My interview was also the last one before lunch, so they may have been skipping some of the fluff. The simulator was as described before. You are well briefed on it’s quirks prior to the flight, and if your scan is up to speed and you take a few deep breaths, it will be over before you know it. I lost it on one steep turn and gained about 350 feet in the rollout. Just keep flying, and keep talking to your partner. The rest of the flight was at the far edge of ATP standards, and apparently that was satisfactory. My partner and I demonstrated very good CRM which I think was the key. You get an abbreviated, very simple checklist to use, and the aircraft is 100% set up for the flight, engines running so all you have to do is demonstrate BAIF and CRM. Get to know you questions: 1) Where do you want to be based? 2) What airplane would you like to fly if you could choose? Why? 3) Where do you work now? What’s your typical route? 4) Why do you want to work at NetJets? 5) How did you prep for this interview? 6) What website has the best gouges? 7) Looked through my logbook and asked about various comments I had entered. Technical Questions: 1) What engines does your current a/c have? 2) What is MMO in your a/c? 3) What is VMO in your a/c? 4) What is the definition of V2? 5) What is your aircrafts: -service ceiling -TO weight -Landing Weight 6) What is your autopilot like? 7) If you had to choose, would you rather take off from a high altitude airport or an airport at well above standard temperature? Why? 8) What does your company op specs say about take-off minimums? 9) If you are using lower than standard take off minimums, what other considerations do you have? (They were looking for departure alternate requirements) 10) If you line up on the runway and can only see three centerline stripes, what is the visibility? 10) What weather is required at your alternate? 11) Multiple questions on runway lighting. 12) What is the wind shear procedure in your aircraft? 13) Do you have EGPWS? 14) Do you have GPWS? 15) What is holding speed at 11,000? 16) You are flying in Class B airspace and want to land at a Class D Airport that underlies it. Can you cancel IFR and land there? 17) Will you be able to transition to glass easily? 18) What are vortex generators? Where would you find them on the wing? Why? CRM Questions: 1) Does your company have a CRM program? What do you think about it? 2) What is a weak area about your company’s CRM procedures? 3) Who calls out DH at your company, the PF or the PNF? Why? 4) How would you improve CRM at your company? 5) What does your company consider a stabilized approach? 6) What does your pre departure briefing consist of? 7) What do you include in a take off briefing? *I did not have any charts or approach plates used in my interview. Situational Questions: You are in cruise over a remote region in Alaska and have an engine fire indication. There is a 2000 foot gravel strip directly underneath you, or a paved 6000 foot strip 200nm away. Tell us what you would do. -I said that a fire indication doesn’t mean anything by itself. I would maintain a/c control while we identified that problem. Ultimately, if the decision to land was the safest, we would do so but not on the short gravel. I told them I felt that if the abnormal was managed landing at a remote unimproved strip increased our risk more. You are flying an Ultra in Aspen and the FO just handed you an updated metar that shows wx below company take off minimums. As you are telling the owner that you cannot depart he sees another Ultra take off and becomes very upset. How will you handle the situation? - I said that safety was first, followed by regulations and customer service a close third. I pretended that the other interviewer was my actual customer and told him that I understand he’s upset. I don’t know why that other a/c departed but he pays a lot of money for my professional judgment, and we cannot depart. I think it’s a good idea to end it with what you can do for them, so I suggested we arrange ground transportation to a different airport and move his departure to there. You just leveled of on a departure from South America. You have not yet crossed the border and smell a strong odor from the back. It is obvious that the owners are not smoking tobacco. Your first stop is New Orleans for customs. What will you do? -Safety first, I said I’d don the masks. Regulations Second. We cannot knowingly depart carrying narcotics. We didn’t know they were on board when we took off, but for CYA I need to contact CMH and let then know that we are going to have a Customs situation in New Orleans. They asked why not land in South America and get rid of whatever they have. I said I wouldn’t go down that road because now I’m covering up for something illegal that an owner wants to do. After the interview I realized there would have been no way for me to be sure it was all disposed of anyway, and if we were stopped at customs then, I could have been accused of knowingly departing with narcotics on board. They left it at that. For studying I went through Part 91, 135 and the AIM with emphasis on Airport Lighting and signage, and IFR procedures. Although I was not asked any questions pertaining to charts, several other guys got DP questions and STAR questions, so being up on charts would be a good idea. Be fresh on your current a/c and research the company. Very straight forward, honest interview. They don’t treat you like you should be ever-grateful to get the chance to interview, they want you to take a good look at them and vice versa. What they offer is impressive all on it’s own so there’s no need for bravado. Good Luck to everyone!! p.s.- They are telling us at the end of this week when our date is, so ignore the training date above.

Last edited:
Date of interview: October 18, 2006 Date interview was submitted: October 20, 2006 Were you hired as a result of this interview? waiting to hear Total flight time: 9504 PIC flight time: 2954 PIC TURBINE flight time: 9460 Instrument flight time: 1600 Total multi engine flight time: 9460 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? no How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 0 Are you a CFI? no Are you a CFII? no Are you a MEI? no Are you an ATP? yes Did you complete the ATP written? yes Are you an FE? no Did you complete the FE written? yes How long after you sent your resume were you called? 30 weeks Do you have a college degree? other Do you have a military background? yes What is your current job? 121 What is your age? 45 What aircraft were you assigned? N/A If you were hired what is your training date?

Interview experience:
NetJets really is a great outfit! Everybody seems happy to be there and is very optimistic for the future. Our class of 9 was a mix between corporate, commuter, retired and active airline guys. All great applicants. I'd hire every one of them. Interviewers are well aware of this "gouge-exchange-website". They were actually saying(kidding?), that that's the place where they get their questions! So here's what I remember being asked (whole interview was very relaxed and pleasant: no pressure, no gimmicks). Had 2 pilots, no HR rep. Since I am currently flying as A 320 FO for a Major (bankrupt) Airline (10 years seniority), they wanted to know why I was looking for a job with them - I told 'em the truth the way it is! Then a few questions about my current airplane: MTOW, MLW,windshear recovery,ILS PRM, last "emergency". What's a VDP. Santa Monica airport: Considerations?. Brief appr into KFCA. Long flare,baloon,only 3000' left-still trying to land? Aspen wx below mins-now what? Interpret METAR and TAF-whats the big wx-picture? Are you ok with being bagloader, flight attendant, dog-sitter,smoking customers? Example of great customer service you provided recently at your current workplace. You're overhead ATL at 12000' - max airspeed (check Class B?). How would you improve your current CRM program? What is CRM not? Customer issues: Birthday cake candles inflight. Participation in charity work (at home or on the job)? Simulator: As before: You'll be briefed on day one. They tell you all you need to know ... the rest is up to you. I found myself working hard (10 years of glass definitely spoils you) .. and wasn't really impressed with my crosschecking abilities. My Sim partner and I CRMed a lot, which helped. We were kept busy: Barely level and ther's our next climb and turn. The holding and approach were (for me at least) the easiest part of profile. Don't know yet whether I did well enough to meet their standards. If not, I'll try again. Good luck to you all!

Date of interview: October 12, 2006 Date interview was submitted: October 21, 2006 Were you hired as a result of this interview? yes Total flight time: 2700 PIC flight time: 1500 PIC TURBINE flight time: 0 Instrument flight time: 260 Total multi engine flight time: 1300 Did someone walk in your application/ resume? no How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 2 Are you a CFI? yes Are you a CFII? yes Are you a MEI? yes Are you an ATP? yes Did you complete the ATP written? yes Are you an FE? yes Did you complete the FE written? yes How long after you sent your resume were you called? 15 weeks Do you have a college degree? 4 year Do you have a military background? no What is your current job? 121 What is your age? 25 What aircraft were you assigned? Hawker400 If you were hired what is your training date? October 23, 2006

Interview experience:
Well, thanks to all who have submitted their info. It all was right on the mark. As others have stated they know about the gouge. They asked me specifically which gouge I used, so I told them. I was interviewed by two captains, they gave me one or two tech questions and the rest was HR stuff. They will come up with questions that are not on the site. They simply want to get to know you. They told me this after I commented on how tough some of the HR questions were. I would recommend doing some brainstorming on your past experiences. The sim wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You must scan, scan, and don't ever look away! They will tell you all of this before hand. Best of Luck.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch. It would have been well worth the 400 from what I am reading, just didn't want to have to pay for it. Thanks for the info.

Whatever you're reading must be very old, NetJets hasn't charged anything for the interview in years. Here is some of the recent gouge, there are more but looks like you have to pay to get it.

I hate questions like that. If i'm heads down calculating a vdp at 500' over the ground in 200/1 conditions, someone slap me silly, and take over the controls. I do, however, appreciate the info!;)

I hate questions like that. If i'm heads down calculating a vdp at 500' over the ground in 200/1 conditions, someone slap me silly, and take over the controls. I do, however, appreciate the info!;)

From Everything Explained:

Here's how I calculate VDP... if you see the runway, drive the plane over to it, and land! Works every time for most pilots.

What's the deal with the question about whether you would prefer a high altitude airport takeoff or a high temperature takeoff???

Since when is the choice mine? The owner wants to go to Aspen and I say to him," well, I prefer high temperatures so, we're going to Yuma today."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back