Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greenj7

Registered Member
I know this was brought up before, but out of the recent groups (september, october, november, & December) to interview at NJA, Does anyone know what percentage they hire?

Let me say it this way if they are bringing you to cmh the interview is yours to screw up.

At the rate they NEED to hire, they will hire all applicants if they meet the standards.

Working here can be VERY demanding... the interview is a test of knowledge, personal reaction to scenario based role playing and basic airmanship.

If an applicant is not percieved as being able to fly a jet like a pro in various types of airspace and airports, talk about interesting and mundain symbology on an L-Chart/describe Archie Trammell theory and deal with all of the unplanned and unexpected things that just come up during the day fo a NetJetter... they will get the letter.

I was pulling your leg on the Archie Trammell stuff. He's just plain wrong! OR is it plane wrong? ;) I couldn't stay awake myself.

The big think is how will the applicant deal with simple changes to the day like... oops, no more LAX tonight, we are going to end up in MKE. The problems get more awesome from there and the WAY that an applicant deals with the situation many times is more important than the end result of the action taken.

Many times it's about attitude, resourcefulness and professionalism.

There are many ways to say no without saying no while leaving the owner feeling as if they heard yes... or better yet can't even remember the original question. A smile goes a LONG way.

The biggest obstacle for many applicants is adjusting from a current/former employer that centered around NOT spending money on customer satisfaction no matter what. NetJets is NOT that company. They will make very generous attempts to satisfy an Owner, in my opinion.

If the nav light is out and the MEL says no flying at night and it's dusk... guess what? No flying for you. The company will get another plane sent in to accomodate the trip. That's the beauty of having over 600 hulls under the control of the company.

An applicant must be think outside of the box while never compromising safety and simultaneously meeting or exceeding owner expectations. It's tough... and takes effort. I love the job though.

It beats flying the "spider web" back and forth, to and from.. with the same crew all month...

Every day is different.

Flylow22 said it very well and Diesel's right on, too. The only thing I can add is that in the sim, along with basic airmanship, they are looking for CRM. From what I've seen, most applicants that fail the interview tend to do so in the sim: perhaps a wrong turn entering or in a hold that neither interviewee catches and both interviewees are turned down for job offers as a result. I've also heard of one guy being rejected for his attitude during the tech/HR session of the interview.

Whatever you do.. DON'T say that, if you have a maintenance malfuction, that you will "work with the company" to fly the trip.. In the interview, when they ask what you would do with a non MELable item, say "I am grounded and can't fly."

At the rate they NEED to hire, they will hire all applicants if they meet the standards.

You would think so, but my sources tell me different. I know for a fact that about a month ago 12 were invited, 7 showed up, 2 were offered jobs. I agree that it's your interview to screw up. Just don't show up thinking that its a slam dunk.

Has anybody that interviewed in the last week of Nov gotten an offer yet? I know several guys in our group got "No Thank You" letters last week.

I haven't heard anything yet and I'm sitting on pins & needles!!!!!

You would think so, but my sources tell me different. I know for a fact that about a month ago 12 were invited, 7 showed up, 2 were offered jobs. I agree that it's your interview to screw up. Just don't show up thinking that its a slam dunk.

Funny... I didn't think that my source could be any more accurate. ;)

I would guess that it was a tough day for the applicants.

VVJM265
I would recomend that you send an e-mail to Derinda. A friend of mine interviewed with me and for whatever reason his updated phone number got missplaced. Best of luck.

VVJM265,

Background checks are probably being done for those who didn't get the "No Thank You" letters or calls. Hang in there - in this case, no news yet might mean good news.

Good Luck,
Fly

Latest resources

Back