• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or RP170, you've had your retirement hammered in bankruptcy. Twice! The first time (Pan Am) I had enough time to recover somewhat. Not to where I had originally thought I would be, but OK. The second time (Delta) there was less than 2 years left and that put me way behind and needing to work longer. Hopefully, nothing like this will happen to you and you will be able to quit earlier, but be careful what you say now. You could find yourself eating those words down the road.

Also, Cld, it is great to take pride in your work. But don't think you are the only one who does. No one ever got a plane from me that was not in the best condition I could make it. And the vast majority of the guys I flew with (all ages) were the same. Of course there are some lazy, complaining old guys. However, in my experience that is not limited by age group. The worst I ever saw was in his early 30s. There are 5%s old or young, PIC or SIC, all fleets. The painting of a group based on a few individuals to make things agree with your agenda is not fair and sucks, IMO.

BTW, I'm furloughed too.

Helm

Or RP170, you've had your retirement hammered in bankruptcy. Twice! The first time (Pan Am) I had enough time to recover somewhat. Not to where I had originally thought I would be, but OK. The second time (Delta) there was less than 2 years left and that put me way behind and needing to work longer. Hopefully, nothing like this will happen to you and you will be able to quit earlier, but be careful what you say now. You could find yourself eating those words down the road.

Sorry to hear that Helmsalee. That's why I've always lived well below my means and have a significant amount of money already put away in my early 30's so, hopefully, I will never have to rely on any sort of "guaranteed" retirement fund. I want to make sure the money is there when I retire so I save it myself, invest it myself and started at a young age.

Knock on wood, I hope it stays that way for me because I couldn't imagine trying to do the kind of work NetJets demands in my 60's.

hahaha....i have a lotta hobbies and a business on the side. But none of them make me laugh like reading the crap from here.
Amway really isn't ahem....a business (Brokeflier international). Now, "MILF Hunter IX" and you have yourself a business (or hobby). :)

Last edited:
Or RP170, you've had your retirement hammered in bankruptcy. Same thought occured to me. Unfortunately, the upheavals in aviation have forced pilots/families to make decisions that aren't their first choice.

Also, Cld, it is great to take pride in your work. But don't think you are the only one who does. No one ever got a plane from me that was not in the best condition I could make it. You're one of the first of the NJ "retired" pilots that I thought of. :) And the vast majority of the guys I flew with (all ages) were the same. ... There are 5%s old or young, PIC or SIC, all fleets. The painting of a group based on a few individuals to make things agree with your agenda is not fair and sucks, IMO. Agreed. Discrimination is deplorable.
BTW, I'm furloughed too.

Helm

Well said, Helm! This is a good example of experience being an asset. Those who have flown for many years with many different pilots are in a good position to remind others that the silent majority are hard working professionals. Best Wishes from me and my family, NJW

There are so many things I could say to this.

And Jacks post as well.

How much money should a pilot have saved when they step aside Jack?

And let's hope that they can avoid any of the unwanted, and often expensive, blows that life can dole out....the kind that can happen to anyone. Then for pilots there are furloughs....that can very definitely throw one's financial plan off track. Wonder how far back this one will be setting folks? :(

On a more cheerful note, Semore I hope this finds you well.

Latest resources

Back