• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell me about it. Especially with a late night Saturday post. I figured at least one of you would be sauced up, turned down by the old lady, and looking to vent some "frustration" of FI.com. Oh well...

Maybe next time.

Is this what happened to you? You're an idiot and a loser for trying to stir something like this up.

There are some instances of whole tours of working 12+ hours and flying like crazy and not fatiguing like they should, but overall we really aren't getting crushed. There should definitely be more fatigue calls when people are fatigued for whatever reason, but overall we aren't crazy busy like some squeaky wheels keep trying to tell everyone. I fly the Excel. Some days are hard. Some days I do nothing. Overall I am flying about the average amount for a fractional pilot- I'll do about 450 hours this year. At this rate and the rate they are telling us of 1 to 2 percent growth year over year in the plans, we won't be hiring or recalling any time soon. I honestly don't see any recalls unless they are forced by using sell offs more than 11 days per quarter (none last quarter and only 5 or 6 the first quarter). Slow growth without being overall really busy won't bring hiring for many, many years.

Unfortunately, I have to say told ya so.. (not you , but everyone still on property) Many of us predicted what was going to happen.. Longer days, more flying,, people complaining about being overworked at some point (fleet dependant).. It is going to take serious fatigue calls to change this. I'm not a "fatigue to prove a point or just because", but at some point you'all can't be doing 12-14 hr days, 5 legs, 6 days a week. It is going to take some pilots taking a stand.

The efficiency you produce at eventually has a direct affect on our return to employmnet.

Don't worry all the retirees that are still at NJA seem to call fatigue after the first or second 12 hour day. They already started the new movement. While at FBOs I get to listen to all their "victories" over the company by them calling in fatigue because they are worked to hard. I get to listen to how scr@wed they get by scheduling. I guess actually working instead of retiring can be.....well....work.

I'm sure once the career minded furloghees come back then the retirees can enjoy the La-z-boys in the crew lounges again. And I'm sure they will still call in fatigue if they can't get their afternoon nap in.

If it weren't for the retirees, there would be room for the furloughees to be at work right now. Thanks for playing guys, but you've had your fun and now its our turn.

Don't worry all the retirees that are still at NJA seem to call fatigue after the first or second 12 hour day. They already started the new movement. While at FBOs I get to listen to all their "victories" over the company by them calling in fatigue because they are worked to hard. I get to listen to how scr@wed they get by scheduling. I guess actually working instead of retiring can be.....well....work.

I'm sure once the career minded furloghees come back then the retirees can enjoy the La-z-boys in the crew lounges again. And I'm sure they will still call in fatigue if they can't get their afternoon nap in.

wow....with an attitude like that, you're the first that really deserved to be furloughed.

outta 495, so far i found 494 that we're really good people.

Last edited:
I'm sure once the career minded furloghees come back then the retirees can enjoy the

There are so many things I could say to this.

And Jacks post as well.

How much money should a pilot have saved when they step aside Jack?

wow....with an attitude like that, you're the first that really deserved to be furloughed.

outta 495, so far i found 494 that we're really good people.

Sorry if it came off as attitude. I'm actually the group of guys whom take up the slack, always have a well stocked plane, and have the jepps done. I'm the guy that your happy to fly with.

I'm just tired of hearing the retirees complain about how hard their job is, how tired they are and how their free crew food didn't come with pepper and salt.

I'm just saying that this job can be very demanding with what we do, where we go and the hours you work. It may not be the best retirement job to do.

I subscribe to the idea that if you complain about your job or can't perform while doing it, then maybe it's not the job for you.

There are almost 500 guys on the street here that would love to have there job back.

If it weren't for the retirees, there would be room for the furloughees to be at work right now. Thanks for playing guys, but you've had your fun and now its our turn.

You can't hang it up Jack when you hate your wife and have no other hobbies.

Latest resources

Back