• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Hiring Kids Now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got to shake hands and chat with a B17 pilot on one of my flights the other day. All those WWII vets sure are amazing and I hate to see their population dwindling. I think one of the best compliments I've ever gotten was when that honorable old hero said that it was a nice flight. Don't ever pass up a chance to tell those guys thanks and let them tell you some stories.

Veterans are so much fun to talk to. It's amazing to think of all those WW2 vets that were just ordinary people who answered their nation's call. They were millions of kids that did the most remarkable thing this nation has ever accomplished. They saved the world and came home to make this country the greatest in history.

So happened from then to now? Lefties protesting recruiters on campuses and the like. Pathetic!! The strange thing is that everyone I know in the military - flying or not - loves their country and was/is glad to serve.

My $.02

Baja.

WillFlyFoCookie said:
Veterans are so much fun to talk to. It's amazing to think of all those WW2 vets that were just ordinary people who answered their nation's call. They were millions of kids that did the most remarkable thing this nation has ever accomplished. They saved the world and came home to make this country the greatest in history.

I couldnt agree more. But here is whats pathetic......our country is the first to give aid and funds to others around the world, and the first to want to take away that same aid to our veterans of past wars and of present. In 2008, medical and health benefits will be cut to veterans........ As an example, recall the Mosque in Samarra that was recently blown up by Sunnis???? We pledged to help re-build that Mosque.......and yet, it may be soldiers that aid in the rebuidling of that same Mosque whose benefits will be cut in 2008. Makes me wonder where our priorities as a nation have gone. Perhaps to keep the enemy happy and do what appears to be politically correct, and yet slapping our veterans and soldiers in the face with such disrespect by taking away medical benefits. Unreal.

WillFlyFoCookie said:

I had the opportunity to attend the Flying Tigers reunion in Dayton in 2001. Got to meet Tex Hill and other AVG members as well as many that served in the AAF and AF squadrons they became including many current pilots flying A10's in the still active squadron.

Here's a little candid clip I salvaged from my HandyCam.

http://www.furballunderground.com/Guest/Golfer/golfer_flyingtiger_interview.wmv

I agree, we need to take care of the men and women in uniform! I feel our priorities have gone to hell in this country. We have to many bleeding hearts. Americans need to take care of Americans first. With as much money as we send over seas, we shouldn't have any problems with feeding, clothing, housing, medical care, and education in our own country. As a father, I'm sick to my stomach, just to think where we might be when she's an adult.

FRACTRASH said:
I agree, we need to take care of the men and women in uniform! I feel our priorities have gone to hell in this country. We have to many bleeding hearts. Americans need to take care of Americans first. With as much money as we send over seas, we shouldn't have any problems with feeding, clothing, housing, medical care, and education in our own country. As a father, I'm sick to my stomach, just to think where we might be when she's an adult.

Conservative hypocrites have fuc*ed this country up, don't blame the bleeding hearts. Your piece of sh*t draft dodging chickenhawk President has cut more funding to Vets than the man you loathe Slick Willy ever did.

as214 said:
Conservative hypocrites have fuc*ed this country up, don't blame the bleeding hearts. Your piece of sh*t draft dodging chickenhawk President has cut more funding to Vets than the man you loathe Slick Willy ever did.

ditto

Liberalism is the cause of everything wrong with this country.

A return to the conservative original intent of the Constitution is the solution.

The cure for liberalism:

http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

The Law​
The law perverted! And the police powers of the state perverted along with it! The law, I say, not only turned from its proper purpose but made to follow an entirely contrary purpose! The law become the weapon of every kind of greed! Instead of checking crime, the law itself guilty of the evils it is supposed to punish!
If this is true, it is a serious fact, and moral duty requires me to call the attention of my fellow-citizens to it.

Read the rest of THE LAW, and the Declaration of Independence.

The LAW has been perverted by Liberalism from the original intent of the Founding Principles contained in the Declaration. Liberalism is the disease that has perverted the Law.

You will learn the proper function of government is to Preserve Rights. REAL RIGHTS not made up ones like the Right to Abortion on demand. In fact the first right specifically mentioned in the Declaration is the RIGHT TO LIFE. This is a clear demonstration of the extent to which the law has been perverted by whom? -- Liberals.

So Liberal Hypocrites, I turn a deaf ear to your complaints until you speak up in defense of innocent life... while you campaign to destroy marriage ... and steal money through taxation taking it from people who it belongs to and giving it (by redistribuion of wealth) to those who it does not belong to.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back