Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Folks - What do you actually LIKE about Netjets and Your Job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Netjets Folks - What do you actually LIKE about Netjets? Two Questions

Ok, I admit that I don't work for Netjets so I really don't know the whole story. I do, however, know a few people who fly for Netjets and really enjoy their jobs (despite the low pay). Seems like all I read about Netjets these days is very negative (probably for very good reasons).

Two questions for you:

1. What are TWO OR THREE ASPECTS of your Netjets job that you enjoy or appreciate vs. other/previous jobs out there?

2. What about your current aircraft do you like vs. previous aircraft?

Not trying to be flame bait here - serious answers would be appreciated. Clearly there are still (despite all of the negativity) some people who would like to work at an "improved" Netjets someday. It would be nice to hear about some of the positive aspects among all of the negative aspects described over the last few weeks.

Thanks (and I hope things improve at Netjets soon)

Last edited:
I've flown with a LOT of great guys (and gals) who also good pilots.

Last edited:
1. Crew meals are the best, even thou the only time to eat is during a flight. I eat better on the road then I do at home! 2. Hotels are top notch, but you hardly stay longer than 10 to 11 hours at any one place. 3. The aircraft are best money can buy.

1. you wont fly passenger legs for a loooong time even after you upgrade because the sr dawg will take it and is assigned pic
( you get to fly a good share of scabs which is loads of fun...not)
2. alot of pic and pic pairings
3. you take a cab and arrange your own transport to and from your dept point
4. you chock lock cover uncover your own ac
5. you get the catering arrange it then clean it off the seats tables and carpet
6. wait for the passengers who often put you on 2 hr slides
7. dont know what time your getting home on the last day
8. you work 17 days of the month while the other half or 1/3 works 7 on 7 off
9. one week of indoc every year
10. one week of sim and systems every 6 months
11. you will load bags while the sr dawg watches you and dont come back and tell me everyone pitches in because they dont..
12. you listen to a ton of bitching about pay and how the schedulers cut deals with the A team members
13. watch uncle warren and santulli work your union like a red headed step child while your dues get you a worthless mag once a month
14. on day one you will dead head to a fbo and sit on your ass for hours with absolutely no assignment then be told to rent a car and drive somewhere without any insurance if you bif it
15 at the end of a 14 hour day and you land in bfe alabama and your passengers leave and its you and the cpt guess what there is barely any light on your ramp and its just you and the plane with a plane full of trash so you get to be the:
ac cleaner
ramper
maint tech (shut and cover the ac)
meanwhile your partner is inside calling for a cab trying to get the worthless idiots in cmh to get you a hotel ...then he is trying to get the toothless fbo boy to find you a cab so you can get to the hotel...oh and you still have to beg to get released if youre not at 14 hours.
16. on your last day expect to sit in your hotel doing nothing and then getting airlined home wasting more time away just so some jackass in cmh can prove to you that he owns you while you are gone.

sorry guys but it sucked!

Last edited:
GOODS

1. Crew food. You order whatever you like except Sushi and depending on the caterer.... you'll get it. Good eats.
2. No waiting 40 minuted for a gate at the hub airport once you've finished a 5 hour flight.

3. I know NJA is gonna be there tomorrow... for whatever that's worth.

4. No commute to work. Just have to ride the airline.

5. 7n7 schedule. Good to have a steady schedule. Bad to be gone from family that long.

6. Walking into the FBO in BWI this last week and seeing Ozzy Osbourne and Sharon causing a scene. It was great!! Always celebs around.

7. Overnights in cool places like Nantucket or Aspen.

BADS

1. 14 hours on 10 hours off times 7 in a row.

2. ASAP at 3am. It done work. I operate in 2 modes... on and off.

3. Pay.

4. Pay.

5. Pay.

6. Did I mention pay??

7. Waiting 3 weeks to get a check reimbursing me for my expenses while on tour.

Being denied OT pay by some nitwit in payroll because "it's not in the computer" and then wasting hours of your off time trying in vain to track him down. Win a gievance for the pay and still not get paid.

Other than that, we've got a lot of competant crews who save the day every day.

quotes: cool overnights in places like nantucket and aspen

crew meals

response: why not get a better paying job so you can actually enjoy and travel to these places and eat at good restaurants.

i think the keys to turning it around is an agressive MEC that will organize you and plan to strike. the problem is the all of the non 121 scheduled folks you have working there that might not buy into it. also, buffet and company know this, know you're divided and and are sitting back waitin. you might just suprise them. they don't plan on you walking out. the share owners would kick their arse, stop making payments and you'll have 2000 rich guys suing the crap out of netjets. they have to settle with you boys!! Go for it!!!

corporate and fractional

What you describe is the nature of the business. I had a Hawker driver here the other day wanting to go fractional for a fixed schedule even at less money.

Other than airlines where this stuff is done for you, this is what the job is about.

Every job has its good and bad points. The things we like to do, the things we do not. Where is it written that you are entitiled to a particular job at a given pay.

The great thing about this country is you can succeed, but also it is the ability to fail that are all part of the deal. Like the joke goes, the difference between a plane and a pilot is one stops whinning at the gate.

Heavy Set said:
1. What are TWO OR THREE ASPECTS of your Netjets job that you enjoy or appreciate vs. other/previous jobs out there?

2. What about your current aircraft do you like vs. previous aircraft?

My background is Regional/Major/furlough/on-demand charter/Netjets.

I came here for a few simple reasons.

1. Stability - of the "industry" players, Netjets seemed to be the best poised for the long term.

2. Schedule - coming from airlines, I was used to DAYS OFF. That's something you can't get flying charter. The pay was better but there was neither stability or schedule.

From a day to day perspective on what I like about my job....? We DO stay in nice accommodations - nicer than any other company I've worked for. The pilots are generally a great bunch of guys so that makes it pleasurable. I do enjoy the occasional challenging flying.

The 7n7 schedule has a lot of benefits. Consider that you will work 26 weeks. Now subtract 2 weeks of vacation, the occasional "bullpen" (time on call, but still sitting at home), and perhaps a sick call or 2 to care for an ailing child etc.. and now, you're only gone 20 weeks out of 52. That isn't so bad.

Many guys will say "it's great because the company gets you to and from work." That's a bunch of balony. While true, if you live in your gateway is isn't a factor and when the contract is done you will have to move to an RCA anyway (newhires).

Other's will say, "I like flying new/nice equipment." The nicest plane I ever flew was a 727. Groundspeed was read on your Timex and radio frequencies had to be written down because the radios didn't have a standby position. I mean, if you're the type of guy that has to buy new cars every 3 years, you might get off on flying new airplanes. From that aspect - to me - it's just another cylindrical aluminum transportation vessel.

The longterm problem I see with Netjets is the fact that they are the "industry leader" yet play the game like they're still running an FBO in Columbus. The industry will never get out of its infancy unless there's more STRONGER competition.

So, I hope that answers your questions about what I enjoy about Nutjets.

That said:

STAY AWAY.

Wait until things settle down with our contract and labor problems before you make a quick decision to come here. It isn't like the airlines from a seniority standpoint. The only thing seniority is really good for here is picking your vacation. Everyone is going to be on the 7n7 schedule. Pay will probably be the same across the board. So, if you sacrifice a couple of months seniority, it won't be the end of the world like it can be at the airlines.

Fate

Latest resources

Back