Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Folks - What do you actually LIKE about Netjets and Your Job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
climbhappy said:
quotes: cool overnights in places like nantucket and aspen

crew meals

response: why not get a better paying job so you can actually enjoy and travel
to these places and eat at good restaurants.
You asked us what we like. Not what we want.

Pay AND layover time would be required to enjoy the overnight.

flylow22:

i guess you were being sincere. i was flying in and out of nantucket last summer in a 1900. nice place. the problem is you got to drop some cash just to have fun. i love to eat, so i love crew meals. and all you can eat buffets.

i ran into a netjets guy in CLT three weeks ago whom i hadn't seen in ten years. we were both flying piston twins. he had been at Midway. he spoke of the plight facing all of you.

i think you guys were sold a bad set of goods, notwithstanding the recession. i do understand going somewhere to stay current.

i hope you guys get an MEC that will change the dynamic at the table with MGt. and illustrate for them the cost of inconveniencing the millionaires and heiresses.

FLYLOW22 said:
GOODS

3. I know NJA is gonna be there tomorrow... for whatever that's worth.

4. No commute to work. Just have to ride the airline.

5. 7n7 schedule. Good to have a steady schedule. Bad to be gone from family that long.

6. Walking into the FBO in BWI this last week and seeing Ozzy Osbourne and Sharon causing a scene. It was great!! Always celebs around.

7. Overnights in cool places like Nantucket or Aspen.
Okay lets look at these.

3. Be here? We all used to think that too. Lately though it looks like the majority of the pilots are ready to beat this place into the ground and let our competition rule the skies. If Netjets continues in it's determination to make us the lowest paid pilots you can bet they won't be here next year. Hey owners, are you listening?

4. Airlining is the absolute most miserable part (besides compensation) of this job. We spend more time on crammed and packed airlines than we do in our own crammed and packed planes.

5. 7 and 7 is great if you are one of the 40 somthing % pilots that can hold it.

6. Celebs! What! Are you 14 or somthing. Who cares about the worthless liberal spewers anyway. Your mouth gaping - jaw dropping infactuation with these dopes doesn't put food on the family table. Get real!

7. Oh Yeah! That's just still a real blast after the first two times. You quickly discover that your perdiem is gone before you make it out of the hotel lobby and your reminded that your poor ass doesn't belong any where near those places. Your wallet is longing to get back to the double wide nieghborhood and be filled with food stamps.

Trust me, none of this crap is worth anything after years of hard service of building NetJets into a leader only to continue being slapped in the face by the founder. This place needs to get real or I suspect it won't last a year!

Strike??

BrnJetFuel and I have had many "discussions" about this in private.

But, think real hard whether the NJA owners (many of who are large corps. with unions of their own or executives in their personal capacities who deal with unions in the business setting), will side with NJA or the pilots if it comes to a strike. Regardless of inconvenience (see alternatives listed below) which the onwers will not actually feel, they will side with management becuase of principle. Regardless of "inconveniece" (many owners will find other ways to avoid commercial airlines , i.e. corp. owned planes, friend's planes, charters -- all which were used before fractional was invented) while NJA will probably suspend bills if service is unavailable.

This is not flame bait -- but just think that there are other alternatives and while owners may be sym[athetic to pilots if they knew you rplight (see many prior posts), it will boomerang faster than ever believed if there is a job action.

Good luck, fly safe.

NJAowner said:
But, think real hard whether the NJA owners will side with NJA or the pilots if it comes to a strike.

I'm quite certain that the owners will side with the company in the long run. No doubt they want the best for their pilots, but even more certainly, they will balk at increased fees. The REAL problem at Netjets is waste. Uncontrolled spending and unaccountability have run rampant in Columbus for some time. While the "new guard" may be turning the tide internally at Bridgeway, the pilots have NOT seen its result on the road.

The threat of a strike is the only tool that unions have to pressure management in negotiations. Without it, they will simply negotiate in perpetuity without facing repercussions.

The attitude of the pilot group is getting more sour every day that passes now. We are so close to the end of this that anger and frustration are growing exponentially.

For our owners sake, this contract needs to get done ASAP before they are the LEAST bit inconvenienced. We ALL know what level of service we provide and it doesn't take much to really INFLAME someone who demands the best of the best.

Unfortunately, unless we SERIOUSLY threaten a work action and risk angering our owners, we will NEVER get the most out of negotiations.

FatesPawn said:
I'm quite certain that the owners will side with the company in the long run. No doubt they want the best for their pilots, but even more certainly, they will balk at increased fees.
For our owners sake, this contract needs to get done ASAP before they are the LEAST bit inconvenienced.

Among those that care, I think you'll find that most think the contract was finished a few years ago.
Yes, I think they'd be naturally predisposed to side with the company. But what would they think about this taking 3 years? Don't think foot dragging is how they became successful.

I don't discuss this matter with owners unless cornered and then I only give what I can since we haven't been told what's actually going on. To wit, 1. No, we don't have a new contract yet; 2. almost 3 years; 3. I don't know; 4. I don't know; 5. I don't know. 6. No, not getting married till after the contract; 7. I'm really good at fixing up old cars and keeping mine running; 8. In an apartment near the airport with a few other pilots; 9. Oh yes, both sides are still talking-they're meeting two more times this month; 10. Oh no! I haven't heard any serious talk about that.

I thought the original poster was looking for something good about the job....

davis said:
1. you wont fly passenger legs for a loooong time even after you upgrade because the sr dawg will take it and is assigned pic
( you get to fly a good share of scabs which is loads of fun...not)
2. alot of pic and pic pairings
3. you take a cab and arrange your own transport to and from your dept point
4. you chock lock cover uncover your own ac
5. you get the catering arrange it then clean it off the seats tables and carpet
6. wait for the passengers who often put you on 2 hr slides
7. dont know what time your getting home on the last day
8. you work 17 days of the month while the other half or 1/3 works 7 on 7 off
9. one week of indoc every year
10. one week of sim and systems every 6 months
11. you will load bags while the sr dawg watches you and dont come back and tell me everyone pitches in because they dont..
12. you listen to a ton of bitching about pay and how the schedulers cut deals with the A team members
13. watch uncle warren and santulli work your union like a red headed step child while your dues get you a worthless mag once a month
14. on day one you will dead head to a fbo and sit on your ass for hours with absolutely no assignment then be told to rent a car and drive somewhere without any insurance if you bif it
15 at the end of a 14 hour day and you land in bfe alabama and your passengers leave and its you and the cpt guess what there is barely any light on your ramp and its just you and the plane with a plane full of trash so you get to be the:
ac cleaner
ramper
maint tech (shut and cover the ac)
meanwhile your partner is inside calling for a cab trying to get the worthless idiots in cmh to get you a hotel ...then he is trying to get the toothless fbo boy to find you a cab so you can get to the hotel...oh and you still have to beg to get released if youre not at 14 hours.
16. on your last day expect to sit in your hotel doing nothing and then getting airlined home wasting more time away just so some jackass in cmh can prove to you that he owns you while you are gone.

sorry guys but it sucked!

Nothing Good Here

There is nothing good about NutJets right now. Until we get a new contract, I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone.

1. Aspen and Nantucket? Who cares, you wont be able to afford to do anything there and with the number of 14 on and 10 off lately, you wont want to do anything but sleep and get ready for "fun" day.

2. Celebrities? Grow up!! They look at you like their gardner or butler and while you load their bags they give the tip to the line guy because they have been told you are a highly paid professional.

3. Pay sucks more than many commuters these days and upgrades for new hires are "at least" two or more years. How do I know? I am just short of two years and STILL on FO pay with no end in sight. Company is not negotiating in good faith and economic offers so far are nothing short of insulting. Shamtulli does not want career people here because they are more expensive in the long run than attrition.

Bright Side?

Hopefully we will have a new MEC in October that will possess some testicles. We will see......

Regardless of "inconveniece" (many owners will find other ways to avoid commercial airlines , i.e. corp. owned planes, friend's planes, charters -- all which were used before fractional was invented) while NJA will probably suspend bills if service is unavailable.

I don't believe the capacity to cover our normal day to day flights is out there. Not to mention if the strike were to occur during a peak period, let's say Thanksgiving.
The fact that "owners" deal with unions in their own business doesn't mean they will jump lock step with management when the stoppage comes. I think they will ask," Who the hell has been watching out for my multi million dollar investment?" I would, I'd want to know why Netjet pilots are the lowest paid pilots in the industry, while my costs are among the highest? I'd want to know where my MMF increases have gone? And where's my interest on that money?
Suspend bills????? Not likely, I'd guess they'll offer some compensation down the road, but the life line of this operation is CASH FLOW, and they will not turn that off. They will try to provide, vendors and SCABS, to fill the flights. But don't hold your breath thinking those monthly bills will just stop until this all gets sorted out.
When it finally gets to a work stoppage, soon I hope, it will last no more than 48 hrs. RTS's phone will melt, he might have to attend a negotiation session himself to get this done. His team has done the dirty work, dragged this out for three years, he'll ride in and finally make a deal only when the owners scream. That day is very near.

Just my opinion, I might be wrong. (but I doubt it)

Last edited:
C'mon Griz, give me one or two positives about Netjets...

A lot of interesting replies. Although most had nothing to do with the original 2 questions. I suppose venting is good for people.

Anyone have anything positive to say about their Netjets experience? C'mon Griz, there's gotta be something you like (seriously) about Netjets and flying the X?

LAST QUESTION: if Virgin America opened up its doors right now at rates lower than Jet Blue for the A320 (offered you an FO position and bases in either SFO or JFK), would you take it right now OR would you prefer to sweat it out at Netjets? Serious responses please.

Latest resources

Back