Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Folks - What do you actually LIKE about Netjets and Your Job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hawkerpilot said:
Its no longer a matter of IF I am out of here, but WHEN. And that day cannot come any to soon. This place is a train wreck looking for the end of the line. Unfortunately Bill Boisture and his clowns have their golden parachutes ready and will never skip a beat. The rest of us will be SOL!!

They are now crying that they are so broke but I find it hard to understand how the most expensive and largest of the fractional options pays their pilots the worst and cries that they are losing money.....Give me a break!!!
Wow! That's pretty negative....

But, think real hard whether the NJA owners (many of who are large corps. with unions of their own or executives in their personal capacities who deal with unions in the business setting), will side with NJA or the pilots if it comes to a strike. Regardless of inconvenience (see alternatives listed below) which the onwers will not actually feel, they will side with management becuase of principle. Regardless of "inconveniece" (many owners will find other ways to avoid commercial airlines , i.e. corp. owned planes, friend's planes, charters -- all which were used before fractional was invented) while NJA will probably suspend bills if service is unavailable.
NJAOWNER,

You seem to forget that the Owners, Own the airplanes. If I were an owner, I would not side with anyone, I would demand my airplane be ready to go at the time and place of my chosing! Alternatives are fine for a day or 2, then what? Something else you should know about NETJOKE, they have this program in place called Marquis Jet. To make a long story short, they sell charter cards on your airplane to any Joe Schmoe that has an extra $100K laying around. Lately, crews are finding themselves flying just as many charter (Part 135) flights as they do owner flights (Part 91). Not too worried about what the owners think, unless it will accelerate the outcome of the contract for the pilots. The only way this will be resolved is through the theat of a job action. If NETJERKS have to close the doors and write you a check, so be it! The pilots will not continue to work theirs asses off for $27K/year regardless of what you think.

Dear Prospective Pilots,

If this sounds like a company you would like to come and work for, accept the interview and job offer if it comes. Just tell the company you aren't available to start until the contract is ratified. You do not want to work at NETJETS right now, things are getting tough and will get much worse before/if they get better.

I'd leave that day to go to Virgin

See Ya NJA

The ONLY thing I like about being an indentured servant at NUTJETS is my TIME OFF !!!! Too bad I don't have any money to enjoy it much...my side gig as a piano player in a HO' house pays the bills though.

The rest of the story...

I was just on the company website for the NJA flight crews and noticed something interesting. There was a chart there labeled "Owner Metrics" which detailed the results of poll questions of the owners.

Before I post what I saw, I want everyone to keep in mind all the bitching and such you from from my Brothers and Sisters about our job... and think about the nature of our attitudes toward doing the job that all of us as pilots seem to have.

The highest rating given by the owners was the level of satisfaction with the job performed by the flight crews.

Guess what I'm saying here is that regardless of how much bitching you hear us do, when it comes down to it, we are still treating the folks in back with the professional respect expected of us. We are in the toughest fight of our lives, past-present-or future, for many of us and yet we still continue to do the job for the folks in the back.

So, to answer Heavy Set's question... I like working here because of my Brother and Sister pilots. Even though they may bitch a lot, they still act like the professionals they are when the owners are on board.

Yosemite......

I used to say at the company I used to work for that....." I love the people I work with, I hate the people I work for...." The same is trur here at NutJets.

Unfortunately, the company I used to work for went bankrupt because the owner didn't have enough money to pay the pilots a "fair" wage. Sound familiar????

Anyway....Gen MacGhee said a few weeks ago during company recurrent that the pilot force had a 97.3% positive feedback from the owner surveys. Customer Service and scheduled flights had declining numbers.....Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Latest resources

Back