Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Superfueler

Hero of the stupid
Anyone have any info about working in the flight center for NetJets? Pay, quality of life, possible movement to a flying job, etc? Also, what is the cost of living like in the CMH area?
Thanks.

Flight center life is hectic, imagine 1000 people all in one big room. Very noisy. Pay is nice, benifits are nice, flexbenifits type of insurance. Housing costs in CMH very very high, figure on laying down at least 8 bills for a decent apartment anywhere thats not a dump. Downtown area are okay for recreation, but . . . . alternative lifestyles . . . very prevelent. Department heads not very approachable anymore, they spend alot of time trying to figure out who to lay the buck on in advance anymore. Dont know of anyone who has moved to flying position, but they do have 2 sweet 172's available for employees. Traffic in CMH sucks!

OK, thanks. I live in New Hampshire now, price of living doesn't sound any worse than what I am deaing with, maybe even better!!

actually - about six people have moved from the position of screen reader to pilot here over the last 14 years, and those are just the ones i can think of. i think all of them left netjets at some point to build their time, then came back.
the flight school also has a c310 and an sr22 in addition to the two c172's - the 172's go for about $40/hr wet (subsidized by the company), the cirrus is $175, don't know the 310 rate.

I heard Crew Service Managers, a position I applied for start around $30k. Not sure what customer reps and dispatchers make.

30k just to watch a screen and transfer calls? What a joke. I guess the ones who eventual;ly made it to the flight line enjoyed the 2k paycut.

Toploader

I think there is more to the job than just "to watch a screen and transfer calls".

I agree! Those folks in the Crystal Palace work for what they get. It's a busy place. The Crew Services people are caught between the crews they are assisting and the non-stop curve balls being thrown to them by scheduling. 30K may sound good but I think they wonder what they got themselves into some days. :)

Picture of NetJets Flight Center

In the five years I've been here, I went from starting in the low 20's to more than double that (much more)... started as a screen reader and am now dispatching. The flight center is divided into teams.. X/VII team, Gulfstream team, scheduling, dispatch, etc.. The flight manager, a.k.a. "screen reader" position really is a starting point... to something better. A few who are determined enough may end up flying here but as bizjet737 accurately stated, they build time elswhere. One friend worked here while working over at Airnet next door until he had enough time to apply, that was 3 years or so ago, he is now flying Ultra's.

To clarify, some of the duties include briefing crews, flight following, obtaining slots for ARO airports, setting up customs, making sure crews get briefed for changing schedules, etc. It's a good atmosphere to work in, people are professional and the company cares about the employees... from the top down... Santulli never laid off a single person in the flight center, or anyone for that matter, when times were tight in the company during the 80's... even though he probably should have (he was paying them out of his own pocket).

Not sure what this means.

"Department heads not very approachable anymore.."

My department head has an open door policy and he is very approachable. There are our share of problems and issues that you get everywhere but I had a friend who I worked with here for a couple years and she moved to a dispatch position with AirTran in Florida and when I saw her again a while back her only words were "you have no idea how good you have it."

Good luck (I lived in Maine an so I can tell you the climate is similiar than that except summers are longer and hotter. We are definatley flatlanders here though.)

GEN_flightcenter_01pr.jpg

Latest resources

Back