Netjets FFDO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

Can you be an FFDO at NetJets? Dont really think there is a reason for it but just curious:cartman:

Not to be the devils advocate, but isn't that against the law for a company to prevent a person from volunteering and acting as an FFDO? I am pretty sure you have to have a bullet proof locking flight deck door to act as an FFDO? T?F? eliminates NJ

The BBJ has a locking door.

So someone ask you to come over to his house (fly his jet) to perform a service (fly his jet)... fix a door, lay tile, cut the grass.. whatever... and you are going to bring a gun to protect who from whom?

There is no FAA prohibition that I'm aware of for pilot's to carry firearms under 91k. Only company policy. Under 135 you would be subject to a "private charter security program" which would include the prohibition against carrying accessible firearms.

49 CFR 1544.201

(d) Prohibitions on carrying a weapon, explosive, or incendiary. Except as provided in §§1544.219, 1544.221, and 1544.223, no aircraft operator may permit any individual to have a weapon, explosive, or incendiary, on or about the individual's person or accessible property when onboard an aircraft.

Much of the FFDO info is "sensitive security information" so probably cannot be discussed on this board. However publicly on the TSA website they state that some private charter crewmembers are eligible:

For Passenger Flight Crew Members: You must currently be employed by a passenger air carrier or private charter company operated under 49 CFR part 1544 (i.e. passengers are screened by TSA).

I don't fully understand the "i.e." part, since part 1544 applies to both screened and unscreened operations.

Anyway, if you are not a FFDO or other federal officer and you carry a firearm under Part 91 you'd have a very difficult time complying with the firearm regulations of every state you land in.

Are there not restrictions on carrying a weapon internationally?

I wish I could go and complete the FFDO program just so I could have the ID and bypass the morons at the X-ray machine. Just sign the log and have a nice day.....

Tactical shooting is a lot of fun too. The training might help with the skills. And I like New Mexico style mexican food. Excuse me while I go clean the HK.

Latest resources

Back