• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets FFDO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Federal authority supersedes state. Individual states have no authority over federal officers.

The real value of FFDO in GA doesn’t concern passengers, but the theft deterrent. This is especially crucial in airports close to high risk areas, like TEB. Steel my plane and I shoot you. I vote yes for FFDO in Fracs.

.45 is the best pistol round, but the large frame is too big to carry. The H+K .40 is pretty respectable IMHO.

Being a FFDO doesn't make you Johnny Law. You can't walk around with it except in a gun safe. Not much of a theft deterrent.

PS a while back there was a FFDO arrested for trying to pull the whole Federal Officer thing when he was pulled over. You are only a "Federal Officer" when you are actually in the cockpit.

To clear things up:
Your deputization is canceled when you leave 121.
You send your gun back.
You can keep the optional weapon that H&K offers at a discount to 121 pilots.
If FFDO status is ever extended to 135, I'll be first in line.

A gun in the cockpit of a bizjet won't do you any good if the passenger is bent on taking control. Unless you have a bulletproof door or are standing rearward with your Hk drawn, you are toast! Think about it, how are you going to pull out your pistol and use it effectively with no warning? Although I have to admit it would be pretty cool to pack some heat.

ACK, yur right on the jurisdiction outside of the cockpit.
I think that more people with background checks and guns is better for crime prevention. The scenario is more like an off duty cop or a cop in another town.
Report Waves inbound.

Latest resources

Back