• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets FFDO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gutshotdraw, what HK ya got? I've got a USPc 9; my daily carry. ;)

So what you're saying is you carry a BB gun. No other caliber exists except .45 automatic colt pistol my friend. Everything else is rubbish. Worst move the US military move made is go to the garbage 9 mm. Everytime I put that pea shooter Baretta in my survival vest during an exercise I just shake my head.

And BTW... the .40 is just above the 9 mm :rolleyes: . The 10 mm was (and still is) a very potent, destructive round. Every 3 letter government agency was adopting it in the mid-90's. That is, until a few females complained about the recoil on the Border Patrol. Hence the adoption of the .40. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke:

. Everytime I put that pea shooter Baretta in my survival vest during an exercise I just shake my head.

It is more effective as a commodity than a weapon.... trade it for something to eat or a ride

So what you're saying is you carry a BB gun. No other caliber exists except .45 automatic colt pistol my friend. Everything else is rubbish. Worst move the US military move made is go to the garbage 9 mm. Everytime I put that pea shooter Baretta in my survival vest during an exercise I just shake my head.

LOL, well, I can understand your dislike over a 9mm FMJ when compared to a .45 FMJ. However, with the advancement in today's ammunition, my 9mm JHP +P is perfectly fine, and being able to carry twice what your trusty 1911 holds is nice, too!! If I were in the military, I'd definitely want a 1911, but it's just too darn expensive to shoot being a civie. Besides, it doesn't really matter what you shoot, as long as you're shooting accurately. :)

LOL, well, I can understand your dislike over a 9mm FMJ when compared to a .45 FMJ. However, with the advancement in today's ammunition, my 9mm JHP +P is perfectly fine, and being able to carry twice what your trusty 1911 holds is nice, too!! If I were in the military, I'd definitely want a 1911, but it's just too darn expensive to shoot being a civie. Besides, it doesn't really matter what you shoot, as long as you're shooting accurately. :)

Reload your own amigo. Dillon Precision. It's less expensive than you think.

The owner is a former TWA pilot and owns several airplanes and helicopters. He's a complete jerk, but they build the best re-loading equipment in the world.

Reload your own amigo. Dillon Precision. It's less expensive than you think.

The owner is a former TWA pilot and owns several airplanes and helicopters. He's a complete jerk, but they build the best re-loading equipment in the world.

Oh yeah, I know! I really want to get into reloading, but figured I'd buy the AR first before the Libs ban the piss outta them again. Once I get into reloading I'm definitely getting another 1911...had to sell mine when we bought the house for some unexpected fees. :(

I don't think they take the gun away, seeing that the pilot must buy his own pistol.
What do you think, this is New Orleans!?!

What are you talking about? The weapons carried are issued by the federal government at 0 cost to the pilot. Pilots can get their own personal one for cheap from HK, but the issue one is the one they must carry on duty and is govt property....they'll most certainly take it back.

Oh yeah, I know! I really want to get into reloading, but figured I'd buy the AR first before the Libs ban the piss outta them again. :(

Roger that! My AK-47 is on the way and I might throw in a Mosin or a Draganov for Prarie Dog killin. On the other subject I thought the switch from .45 to 9mm was because the 9mm held more rounds and if you are down to using a handgun you are at close range anyway so more ammo over more stopping power.

Ffdo

Federal authority supersedes state. Individual states have no authority over federal officers.

The real value of FFDO in GA doesn’t concern passengers, but the theft deterrent. This is especially crucial in airports close to high risk areas, like TEB. Steel my plane and I shoot you. I vote yes for FFDO in Fracs.

.45 is the best pistol round, but the large frame is too big to carry. The H+K .40 is pretty respectable IMHO.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? The weapons carried are issued by the federal government at 0 cost to the pilot. Pilots can get their own personal one for cheap from HK, but the issue one is the one they must carry on duty and is govt property....they'll most certainly take it back.
Thought you had to buy your own piece. Sorry. The Fed should take it back if the tax payer bought it.

Latest resources

Back