NetJets Europe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
anyway :

You need 1500 TT for them to consider you.

starting pay year 1 SIC: E 60.700 (1 Euro = 1.30 USD)
25% TAX

Captain year 3/4 : E 110.000

schedules:

(citation / hawker )

6 on / 5 off

(falcon/ gulfstream)

7 on / 6 0ff

They will airline you on day 1 from your base/port to wherever your airplane is, and they will airline you back on day 6. No jumpseat BS, you get a company paid ticket.

Live within 2 hour from any of these "ports" ;

Brussels Manchester Bordeaux Prague
Frankfurt London Toulouse Vienna
Hamburg Glasgow Lyon Lisbon
Cologne Edinburgh Marseille Geneva
Düsseldorf Amsterdam Nice Zurich dual gateway w/ Basel
Munich Dublin Paris Zurich
Stuttgart Copenhagen Budapest Berlin
Oslo Milan (Malpensa) Barcelona Warsaw
Venice Vienna Warsaw Madrid
Stockholm Venice Malaga Rome

upgrade time : 1 year on the "smaller" jets. About 3 years on the Gulfstream/Falcons.

So, get your JAA sh*t, find yourself a western/EU European wife and go fly in the old country for a few years.

Got plenty of friends working over there, let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Living conditions ? well, depends on where your planning on living.. You will be fine in any western big city. Could you be more specific with your question? I mean it's like some european guy asking what it is like living in the U.S.... Big difference between NYC and Smalltown redneck, VA if you catch my drift...

FD

edited for: additional information.

Last edited:
What are the chances of a US pilot getting a position with them? I just submitted an application via the email they provided on the website. Thought it was worth a shot.

Are the guys you know from the US?

Thanks for the info.

-Chris

What are the chances of a US pilot getting a position with them? I just submitted an application via the email they provided on the website. Thought it was worth a shot.

Are the guys you know from the US?

Thanks for the info.

-Chris

Did you meet all the minimum requirements?

unfortunately, I do not have a EU passport. I read an article on NetJets Europe saying they were recruiting U.S. candidates and were willing to help with all conversions and passport issues. Source Credible: I don't know.

Minimum requirements: First Officers
  • 1500 hours total time;
  • ME rating;
  • A valid EU or Swiss passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel;
  • JAA or European ATPL (CPL with ATPL theory may also be considered);
  • Jet or Turbo Prop time (excluding Simulator);
  • MCC Certificate or exemption, and
  • Fluency in English

There is about to be a new ab-initio NJE program to do up to 48 pilots a year from all over Europe. Evidently it is an 18 month training program and they make the same salary from day one, but they have 5 or 6 years of repaying the company for their training. I guess they start recruiting for it this month. This won't help Americans at all, but I thought it was interesting enough info to share on this thread. It was from a company email- not a rumor.

What aircraft types would these cadets likely start in? Any guesses? I hear that the less experienced pilots often start in the bigger aircraft in order to learn from more experienced pilots...

Sounds like a great opportunity for a newbie in Europe.

Ask us again in about 20 months or whenever the first cadet arrives!

Personally, I think that a few of them will perhaps start on the larger fleets, but I don't know of any formal policy yet. Maybe the first couple of courses will start on the small/mid-size fleets just to confirm the level of training & assess how the cadets adapt to the "live" environment. All very much a guess at the moment!

Perhaps there will have to be a different look at fleets, overall experience levels, upgrade potential, etc, as these cadets will probably take about 4 - 5 yrs to get the total time for upgrade, maybe on their 2nd fleet type when upgrade comes along. Lots of variables, waaay above my pay grade!!

I wonder if US owners are going to be flying on "cadet" airplanes and understand that they have just entered a single pilot cabin.

Cadet was almost tried here in the states. Wouldn't have worked and thank god because it would have been the downward spiral the regionals have become.

If the EU pilots could mount an effective PR campaign this would be dead as dixie.

Latest resources

Back