NetJets Europe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ABCD1234

Anybody know the details (besides what's on the website) on getting on with NetJets Europe for a guy that's been working at a US fractional for 7 years?

Specifically:

-I've never flown in Europe before.
-What about license conversion?
-Living conditions?
-Is it tax free?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated!

There was an FO where I used to work who did the conversions- took him about a year. From talking to some of the NJE guys, they have told me you are on your own for paying the taxes and many don't- they say they live somewhere else (sorta like a lot of pilots here who "live" in Florida or Texas), only paying nothing. I believe the EU is starting to wise up on the tax practices and are toughening things up, but I don't really know how. They did get a good raise over there, but most of Europe is pretty expensive and the right to work is pretty tough to get from everything I've heard.

The first hurdle is: do you have the right to live and work in the EU ?
I believe If you are Irish ... Ireland will take you back. There is a very high percentage of US citizens with that ancestry.

Other countries have dropping populations probably looking to take people.

Hi guy's,

NJE is now offering UK contracts to all the pilots. Taxes (taken at source) are paid either in UK (for UK residents) or Portugal (25%) for European based pilots. Social security paid in UK for all (6 to 9% depending on salary).
JAA ATPL required + right to leave and work in Europe.

No more "tax free" salaries available.

50 days of work per 3 months and usualy scheduled 6 on 5 off.

Hope this help.

Thanks for the info!

Does NJE help with the conversions or work permits?
I don't think they do. With the new contract being a step in the right direction and those 7Xs on the way I don't think they will have as hard of a time recruiting and retaining people. Also you have to have an EU or Swiss passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel. A US passport and a work permit isn't enough.

Latest resources

Back