• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Europe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D....you're assuming the EU pilots have a set of cahones.

I know that a bunch of the NJE folks are nothing more than cheese-eating, surrender-monkey....."pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon?"-type of pilots

Remember that twice during the last century the USA had to bail out our European Allies----twice.....

I think this might be number 3 coming up, only this time Local 1108 will be landing on Omaha Beach!!!

Last edited:
Mmmmm hairy armpits.

I spoke with a "recruiter" from Jet Professionals a couple weeks ago.

Their "Deal" was fly you from US base to Europe and pick up your a/c. Fly for 35 days and RTB for 31 days off. No mention of having to have a EU passport, but they did want you to get a 2nd US passport for VISA services.

They fly you To / FM Europe on the 35 days. No mention of schedule other than pick up airplane and fly. Company picks up hotels & airlines.

Seams you got $100 per diem per day.

Starting pay for Hawker CA was around $95,000.00 US, no information provided about taxes other than they need to be paid. Check drawn on Bank in Saudi.

Never got word on what rules to fly by (FAA - N registered A/C or Jar-Ops 1). They do have a few N registered aircraft and some "other" rgistered A/C.

I read that they need to add about 160-180 pilots THIS year.

Sounds mighty shady to me.......$100/day perdiem in Europe might be a bit under the average.

I don't mind doing TEB to PBI.

and it's about as baren as a beach.

History, ah, a wonderful subject.... the Boston Tea Party, & all that jazz! How Hollywood changes who did what (like the Enigma decoding machine)....

Seriously though, if only we (UK/Europe) had been able to develop our GA & other flying aspects as the same way in the USA, the up/down battles of pilot availability versus self-funded ratings (or sponsorship, cadet schemes, whatever) would probably have never existed.

In short, you guys fly everywhere - we drive or take the train (unless there are the wrong type of leaves on the line to stop the trains - a frequent excuse from rail providers!). Costs for private flying are prohibitively expensive over here, which is why so many "self-improvers" go the the US for hours building or JAA approved courses. It doesn't help that unless you go the "approved course" route, I think that you need 500 hrs multi for an unfrozen ATPL - great, typical price at a high-end training school is US $415 per hour for something like a Cougar or Seneca II!! Ouch!! Just for a PPL in the UK, you are looking at up to $14K with all the add-ons. In the USA, maybe half the price!! OK, plus flights & accommodation - still a superb deal!!

So, like spelling (colour/color!), we unfortunately have a very different (& expensive) aviation environment over here. We certainly don't like it, but maybe it will change for the better as demand for pilots increases.

3b5 is crap. I can do that in my sleep.

A real man turns SHINY inbound and shoots the Floatplane Sheppard 1 Approach.

Latest resources

Back