NetJets Europe Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ret03

Can anyone provide information on NetJets Europe operations? Locations of bases, type acft flown. life style compared to NetJets US operations, can a US citizen with FAA ratings get hired or do you need the European ATPL? I might be willing to call Europe home and would like to know my options. Thanks

If it matters, I have a wife who is a EU citizen. Looking to possibly live in Germany. Bueller, Bueller......anybody know anything???

I don't have any recent info on NJE, but since nobody else has answered you, this was what I had heard over a year ago (don't take this as gospel):

The operations base is Lisbon Portugal, but all crews are now based in Paris.

NJA pilots used to be able to bid a 3 month tour with NJE but that no longer happens.

NJE pilots must have the European license and must be TRI-lingual.

NJE flies the Citation Bravo, VII, Hawker 800XP & the Falcon 2000.

You can contact the operations center at:

NetJets Europe Ltd.
Avenida das Descobertas
Galerias Alto da Barra - Piso 4
2780-053 Oeiras, Portugal

Phone: 351-21-446-8400

Hope this helps

Hi Guy's,

NJE ops in based in Lisbon , Portugal. But pilots are based everywhere in Europe (1hr drive from a "major" airport:ex:EBBR-LEMD-EGLL-LFMN-LSZH-EDDF-ELLX-LFSB.........)according to they request. You can even change base during year (LSGG for the winter, LFMN for the summer)
According to the latest news, NJE is looking for 100 pilots next year.
Minimum requirement is 1500hr, full ATPL, speak english at least.
No type rating required. They ask a bond to cover the cost of type rating. Almost all new hires going to Citation B,EXELL and Hawker. If lucky on Falcon.
Working 18 days a month with 6 on 5 off (not always respected).
Sorry, I have to go, more info on request...

happy landings

NJE/NJME

Anything as for openings for Net Jets Mid East now or in the future,also any general info on NJME. Tks,Mobie

F2000NJE,

Can you tell me how you like the NJE operation? Obviously pay comes to mind. How much in Euro's starting and as you progress, vacation time, medical coverage, accomidations while on trips, how far north, south and east do you end up, does a second language besides english help prospects, lots of pilots from one nationality like brits, germans or americans or mix of all of europe, how long have you been with them??? It's been awhile since I looked into living in europe, can you refresh me on what a full ATPL is? Thanks for whatever information you can provide.

Hi Ret03,
Coming from an major european airline who crashed with the economy, this job is a little bit different by the type of flights and services we provide to the owners.
I have to say that I enjoy flying around Europe, having flown 4 years Long Haul.
Everybody join as FO,regardless of experience, with salary currently depending on the fleet (see netjets.com for european fleet) and is 40K € a year for the Bravo. You have to take care of any taxes in your country of residence.14days a year of vacation for the fisrt 2 years, then increasing to 21.
Medical coverage is via AETNA in the States, wich is not very good for the european guy's. But it should change shortly.
We are usually in good hotels depending on what is available...
The owners tend to use the F2000 as a big Bravo, so we usually stay in central europe with London and Paris the prime dest, although it's possible to go in africa,canada,middle east,russia from time to time.
We have 17 differents nationalities from europe with 25% of brits,20% from portugal,15% from Belgium........
I joined late 2002 and have now a command position.If you have good experience, then progression can be quick. We expect to operate at least 50 aircrafts and the end of next year compared to 40 now.
Full ATPL is theorical and practical (compared to the "frozen" ATPL) examination with at least 1500hrs.Need a JAR FCL licence to apply as the aircrafts are registered in Portugal.
English is a must, but you don't need a second one altough it's a +.
Hope this anwer your question.....

Take off is optional, Landing is mandatory !

F2000NJE,

Great response. I have spent a lot of time flying around Europe. Can you give us an idea of what a typical weekly schedule would look like for you? I realize that no week is "typical," but I'd like to get a sense of the variety that you guys experience. Also, what is the farthest afield you have flown the Falcon for NJE - Middle East or Asia?

How many other Belgians were hired by NJE "after the fall"? I know a number went to Easyjet and Ryanair.

You can PM me if you like.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back