Netjets emergency in NY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

illeagle

Heard a Netjets aircraft declare an emergency enroute to Teterboro this evening. Sounded like he went to Stewart for a longer runway. Anyone have any info?

Last edited:
Heard a Netjets aircraft declare an emergency enroute to Teterboro this evening. Sounded like he went to Stuart for a longer runway. Anyone have any info?

Stuart, FL is too far and the runway is not that long. Probably went to Stewart/Newburg, NY.

Other than that, no info. But guessing if its not on CNN, everything worked out just fine.

Yep. That was me. Here is how it all went down.

We were ferrying into TEB for an owner trip. Everything seemed to be going normal until I received an AFIS message from the the company. To our shock and horror, we were informed that our crew food was inadvertently sent to Stuart. Felling that I had no other options available to me, I made a command decision by declaring an emergency and diverting to Stuart. I needed a longer runway because I was over gross landing weight. I felt that the urgency of the situation dictated an over gross landing.

Thank you for your concern. My partner and I are now well fed and ready to tackle another day.

We were ferrying into TEB for an owner trip. Everything seemed to be going normal until I received an AFIS message from the the company. To our shock and horror, we were informed that our crew food was inadvertently sent to Stuart. Felling that I had no other options available to me, I made a command decision by declaring an emergency and diverting to Stuart. I needed a longer runway because I was over gross landing weight. I felt that the urgency of the situation dictated an over gross landing.

Thank you for your concern. My partner and I are now well fed and ready to tackle another day.

LMAO!

That is why you are paid the big bucks my friend. Good call, and well done.

Always some smart alec who beats me to the punch...
Foiled again!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back